iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My mill is in.

Started by fishfighter, January 28, 2015, 07:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Like a kid on Christmas morning. I ordered it last Thursday and Got it out before that last little snow storm up in the northeast.

Anyway, I ordered a Woodland HM126 Along with extra track and blades. Had a bit of a time getting it due to were I live, Dead end street and no way a 18 wheeler could turn around. Hooked up a trailer to my jeep and meet the driver along with my backhoe. He dropped it after fighting to get it out. The crate was almost as wide as his trailer. Package was 1,000 lbs, but we got it out and on the ground and loaded on my trailer with the backhoe.

Got to the house and started unpacking everything. Well, there is nothing lite on this mill. I did down load instructions before getting the mill, so I though I knew what was  what. First off, the instructions need improvement as far as what package of bolts/nuts go were.  Was able to figure it out, but I burnt time doing so. Also, unpacking it was kind of hard. It would take a couple very strong men just to do that. Another thing. Who the hell uses a 16mm nut? Why not step up to a 17mm? I just so happen to have 1 socket in 16mm.

Anyway, I did get the track laid out, but it still will be needed to be adjusted once the get the cutting head put together. I'm doing this in my carport driveway on concrete, that way I get the span of the track adjusted right. I will be breaking it down and moving it to were I will be milling in a couple days.

As of this point were I'm at, I should have it together by tomorrow. I will cut a log or two were it is just to adjust everything before I move it.

So far I'm a happy camper. ;D

I will get some pictures tomorrow. Was working on it and just wasn't thinking. :'(

BCsaw

Just for next time......16mm and 5/8".........will cross over! ;D

Good luck with the first cuts!!
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

Ugly Tree

Congrats. Get it level, and tighten the band good.  You'll love it.
Woodland HM126, Massey Ferguson 3165, 440 and 210 Stihl, a lot of grunt bars.

thecfarm

Happy Camper,that was a members user name.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishfighter

16mm = 5/8"? Guess I will check that out. Hate to start stripping nuts. LOL

fishfighter

Quote from: thecfarm on January 28, 2015, 08:05:16 PM
Happy Camper,that was a members user name.  ;D

Well, planning on building another new hunting camp with what I mill. Guess that makes me a "happy camper too". ;D

The good side today was I got out the hospital just in time to get my mill. Every Wednesday, I have to go in for a infusion for my heart. :(

mad murdock

Congratulations!! Now to see the fist boards from the new toy er, mill  8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

fishfighter

For those that has this mill and bought it new. Is the blade that comes with the mill any good? I read up on this and I saw some info that the blade is garbage. So, would it just be better to swap it out before hand to adjust the saw?

goose63

fishfighter the blade that came with my 126 worked just fine till it got dull.
I bought new standard nylon nuts and bolts as there's would work lose because the mill will vibrate some. its no big deal watch the log stops I have tried to saw the top off one tree times so far
Have fun and be safe   
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

fishfighter

Thanks. Well, got my first cant cut this afternoon out of red oak, 16' long. Was a small tree. At the butt end it was only about 15". Now I just have to learn how to post pictures here.

fishfighter

Oh, I forgot. Got my first battle cut adjusting the blade. That sucker popped off and dug into my arm. :'( Bead like a pig. :D The wife wasn't to impressed or happy. :D

4x4American

5/8  (or five apes as a former co-worked pronounced it)  is a smidge bigger than 16 millipeter but it'll work.

13millipeters and half inch are similar,  3/4 and 17mm ams similar.  I'm sure there's more but I try not to use metric stuff here in the states.  Even the phillips head, my grandpappy didn't like to use them because they weren't american!  He preferred flat heads
Boy, back in my day..

Dave Shepard

A friend of mine once told me if I had a set of odd 64ths Whitworth, they would fit everything. 3/4" is 19.23mm.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Ugly Tree

Mine came with a Lenox .042 Woodmaster C. Cut great until I hit the stop.  I since modified the blade guard.  I found that the 10mm (3/8) cold roll was not long enough to hit the stop before my blade did.  New piece of cold roll and a little heat, now I won't hit the stop anymore.

4x4American

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 29, 2015, 08:19:17 PM
A friend of mine once told me if I had a set of odd 64ths Whitworth, they would fit everything. 3/4" is 19.23mm.

I use 3/4" wrench for the injectors on the cummins inside my dodge, I guess I thought that the millipeter version is 17, reckon not.  Like I said I don't use much metric stuff unless I have to and I dislike it like a cat thrown into the middle of a river.  Don't like it, but gotta get to dry land.

What's whitworth?
Boy, back in my day..

Dave Shepard

It's British. If you think metric is bad, try working on British stuff. :D I carried half a 3/4" wrench in my truck toolbox, just in case I ran out of fuel on the road. Usually, all I had to do was open the first or second injector line and it would bleed out, but if you had to open the back ones under the cowl, you needed a special wrench. Fortunately I only ran out once.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

blade69001

What no pics???????
in all seriousness congrats!!!! I couldn't wait to play with mine.
Sean P.
Just being me, But it is ok you do not have to like me.

fishfighter

I will get a few pictures up once I learn this site. Beat now after milling all day. I been cuuting some 6x8's so I can move my mill to the back 40. Had to haul all the cut offs to my son n law's. He is going to use them on a tree house he is building for my grandson.

fishfighter

OK, a little more about this mill and putting it together.

First off, all the bolts/nuts are in boxes. In the instructions, they don't tell you which ones go were. But if one goes to the back of the instruction book and look at the replacement parts list, them you can see what is what. >:(

Another thing. The owners manual for the  Kohler  motor doesn't even tell you how much oil the motor takes >:(. Tells you what weight and to just fill to you get oil on the dipstick. :D

When I had open the doors to start setting up the blade, I was a bit shocked that the fanbelt that rides on the band wheel was very loose, not the drive band wheel. When I was shopping and looking a videos, in the video, it doesn't look loose like that.

So, I did call them. Great help right off the bat and got answers. They even asked me what I could tell them to improve there mill. I did tell them about the instructions and if they would start out telling people to look at the replacement parts page to see what bolts/nuts go were, that would help a lot. ;D

Over all, I am very happy with the mill. What I had cut so far, it preform great. I see changing out the water feed valve in the future to get a better control of water flow. Maybe even drill a hole in the tank cap might fix that problem by venting the tank which I really think is the fix. I will let y'all know.

Ugly Tree

I ordered a 12v solenoid valve for mine. Going to wire in a switch under the throttle handle.  When you have full throttle, you will have flow. I will post pics when I get it installed.  What are you using for blade lube? What species logs are you cutting?

goose63

fishfighetr I just leave the cap off the water tank. thy sent me a new brass valve for mine the plastic one wasn't working right.
Yup you gotta watch them blades thy are sharp I've been cut a few times.
Good luck with the mill and have fun 
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

fishfighter

I drilled a 3/16" hole and that did the trick. I have the brass valve. Leaving the top off, I would think over time that saw dust would build up in it.

Thank You Sponsors!