iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking Delivery

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

:o  Did everyone at the Pig Roast use the PortaJohn??   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

That sure is what it looks like.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

grouch

Quote from: Magicman on August 07, 2017, 04:50:58 PM
:o  Did everyone at the Pig Roast use the PortaJohn??   ::)

Just about choked on supper when I finally figured out why you posted that here!
:D
Find something to do that interests you.

loggah

Jeff, Thats some messy looking "CRAP" !!!!!, I had a issue with the Stewart heating now that I have a temp gauge in it. I pulled the thermostat, some brain surgeon once upon a time put a new thermostat in with the linen parts tag still attached !!!!! the string was there but just gobs of linen fabric around the thermostat and filled the bypass tube. You never know !!!!!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Jeff

It's better, but not right. Looks to me like near a third of the radiator tubes have been soldered. I

Jeff

Looks like the radiator is the main culprit. I hauled it in today, it's only letting about 15% through. Zero water column. It has to be recored.
This is what a water distribution tube looks like. This is the extra engine that came with the truck, which turns out to have a bad freeze crack in the block. The distribution tube is great if I need it.

grouch

There are people who can weld or braze a cracked block, so I wouldn't count that spare engine as scrap.

I had a '39 Ford 9N tractor that had a chunk put back in the block. It had a combination of brazing and nickel welding holding things together. The Shaker who sold it to me pointed it out first thing. Never had a problem with that.

loggah

Jeff, Sounds like your on the right track, mr truck will be happy when you keep its temperature down. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Jeff

So, I had a dream night before laast that caused me to stop anything else I was doing on M.R. Truck and address what happened in the dream.  I dreamed that one of the little neighbor girls had climbed up in the truck, which they do, because they like the truck. As I was watching, the little head disappeared below the windshield. That's when I heard the engine turn over and saw the truck lurch forward suddenly because she had scooted down in the seat and pushed the start peddle and the truck was in gear.

I have dreams like that all the time about things I never think of while I am awake. In this case, I woke up knowing I had a safety issue.  The starter peddle is wired directly to the starter. There is no neutral safely switch on this truck and shutting the key off only prevents the truck from starting, not from turning over.

So, after short consideration, I've installed a 12 volt shut off switch this morning. I put it in the center of the riser of the seat platform. The key locks in when it is on, and can be removed when in the off position.

grouch

Excellent! Might not feel like it, but that was a _good_ dream!

chet

Quote from: Jeff on August 11, 2017, 10:36:47 AM
So, I had a dream night before laast that caused me to stop anything else I was doing on M.R. Truck and address what happened in the dream. 

:) One of da few memories I have of my early childhood was driving my dad's cattle truck. My brothers and I found if we put dat big thing sticking out of da floor in a certain place, and one of us held down dat little nob on da floor, we could drive dat truck. We musta not figured out dat key thing, thank goodness.  :D  My dad sold dat truck just before he passed away, which would have made me 7, and my brothers 5 and 6.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Quote from: grouch on May 20, 2017, 05:56:12 AM
Keep 'em coming.

Door panels could be wood, too.

Don't never say I don't listen or I'm not flexible. ;) :)  Like I've said, the truck will tell me what it wants to be and diamond plate? M.R. Truck has decided he do not want dat.  :D    PICS TO COME

grouch

You reached back a long way for that one. Now I'm nervous. :)

Jeff

grouch

Looks like it goes well with that running board. Mine can't be the only old eyes you're straining, though. I blew it up until it was just pixels and still didn't get a good look at it.

YOU PROMISED PICS! More than 1! Almost as bad as the beginning of this thread where you wouldn't reveal what you were up to.

Jeff

Only one I have right now. That was mock up. My door hardware bezels are in paint and I have some gaskets to make.

paul case

SWEET!
Good on the safety measures too boss.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

sandhills

Yes, SWEET!  I love it  8).

Jeff

This is no time for my Dyslexia to kick in.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

For me wires are a nightmare...... especially what you're doing. May the force be with you.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Yea, I'm having a bit of an issue wrapping my head around this.

coxy

blue to red green to black tan to white does that help  :D

grouch

I can't do anything without a pencil, some scrap paper and a few Post-its.

Really big projects require cardboard, plywood or OSB, and Duck tape.

thecfarm

Phone camera helps out too.
I really like them at the hardware store. I get to see a picture instead of something that is kinda round with about a 2 inch piece and 2 holes,one square and one oval,or maybe round.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I'm on day two of taking notes and making lists. The wiring harness has way to many wires in it for this simple truck, but I need to make sure I don't remove something I may regret later.

Thank You Sponsors!