iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing for the Farm (Video)

Started by 123maxbars, December 13, 2017, 09:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I spent yesterday fighting off the snow and the high wind conditions but was able to capture some video of me sawing up some nice white oak on the farm.
This wood will be used for Fence Rails for the cattle.  My biggest problem was facing the wind (my mistake of sawmill placement) which made for some slower sawing as I was struggling just to see the log being sawed. Anyways made a short video of the day,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyEg4lBJY7A
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

sublime68charger

jbjbuild

Woodmizer LT35HD, John Deere 790, Logrite Cant Hook

samandothers

Did ya have on chapstick?  I hear it, wind and saw dust does not mix!

WV Sawmiller

Nice video. I love watching other people saw especially when we have the same mill.

I did want to see what you did with the first couple of slabs you tossed off on the loading arms. I was wondering if you were going to resaw them and see about getting another 4/4 board or so out of them.

I saw you spraying lube (I assume ATF) on the track before starting. Do you do this to supplement or replace the lube in the felt wiper? I just try to soak my wiper every few hours instead of spraying the track although I do spray all bearings/rollers on the head I can reach plus the guide bar track before starting each day. Periodically (depends on what kind of wood I am sawing and how messy they get) I wipe and lube the posts the head rides on (up and down) between the normal service intervals.

Stay safe and keep those videos coming.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Kwill

I like the log turner. Thats pretty sweet. Thanks for the video
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Farm29

Good video what degree bands are you using on that white oak I cut some burr oak the other day for a customer with 10 degree and went super slow woodmizer said to try 4 degree on white ,burr oak hickory and pecan I have about same hp wondering what your thougts are. I like the goggles I need to get a pair when it takes me two days to do a job it never fails the winds blowing opposite derection on the sec day after my eyes got caked with dust last job I'm ready to find something
96 lt40 Hyd 24 hp onan
460 rancher

Southside

Turbo 7's work better on my 35 than 4 deg on White Oak
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!