iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Picture Posting on Forum Help

Started by Jeff, March 13, 2012, 03:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

First of all, Offsite Photos and links to offsite photos are not allowed on the Forestry Forum. If you want to share your photo, it MUST be placed in the Forestry Forum gallery and then placed in a post. Directing people to your gallery is also not allowed. The gallery's only purpose is to archive photos used in posts. Photos not used in posts are not to be uploaded. Deleting photos used in posts id not allowed and considered destruction of forum property

We've created some simplistic videos that should explain the processes of setting up a gallery, posting a photo, and creating a link to your gallery in your profile and posts. Please excuse my spelling in the Tutorials. :-\

1. Preparing your Gallery.

Before you can upload a photo and post it, you must create at least one album in your gallery so you have a place to put the photos. You can create one, or as many as you like. Some people like to stick all their photos in one album, some like to be neat. I happen to be not so neat.  The following video will show you how to do this first step. It explains step by step, then it shows a video example of the actual process.

http://youtu.be/1krA1Op7C0U

2. Uploading a photo and placing it in your post.
An explanation, then example. If the descriptions go too fast, simply click on the video to stop it.

http://youtu.be/yBuBcMz3Iik

3. Adding a link to your gallery to your profile and posts.
An explanation, then example

http://youtu.be/kbNkeWd7FJQ
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

whosthere

Thank you for the help. The problem I am having is figuring out windows 8. I have not yet educated myself on how to save a picture other than having it as a tile. I will figure this thing out.

Mooseherder

I am having some trouble figuring out windows 8 also.
If you're downloading the pictures from your camera.
Open the camera card up after you have it plugged into usb.
Click on the picture and drag it into the picture file icon on the left.
It is under the Library folder.
You can open that on the bottom left when you have your desktop screen up.

petefrom bearswamp

Hi Jeff
OK i have made an album in my gallery and then click on Browse which gets me to my pictures data then I select the folder I want to upload then What?
I can't seem to figure this out.
Thanks Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

thecfarm

I think you need to select an album to download your picture into.
I think you all ready did the above,I think "open" where  ever you put your pictures on your computer.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

petefrom bearswamp

went back and tried again Eureka!
I'm not quite sure how i did it but will keep plugging.
Pete
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Good job, Just remember, The gallery is not for uploading photos too, and saying "go look in my gallery". Only photos that are put into a post go in the gallery. You upload the photo, link it to your post, then never ever delete it or it will screw the post up.

petefrom bearswamp

Thanks Jeff,
If i had read your slide show more closely I wouldnt have had any trouble.
Pete
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

John S

Jeff,
I am trying to post some photos into a post.  They are going to my gallery but not into the post.  What am I doing wrong?
John Snyder
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

beenthere

Follow directions in step 2.
Let us know what doesn't work for you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bandmill Bandit

Hey Jeff
The new photo up load system works great even for computer cripple like me.

I haven't watched the videos but your written instructions are very well done and I was able to get it figured out with just a bit of help from my son. Great work and thanks.

FYI. You may need to install a larger storage system as I have about 2000 and rising saw mill photos and about 60,000 other photos that I am sure every body would enjoy.  ;D
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Jeff

It's hardly new. It's over a year old not.
FYI
I'll say it again, as I've said elsewhere multiple times. The gallery is not for personal storage of photos. The only photos that should be in a member's gallery, are ones that appear in a post. The Gallery is the spot to hold the photo so it can be in the post, or so that it can be used in any subsequent posts if needed. That is the only reason for existence, other than being the means to make sure the Forum's Topic integrity remains for perpetuity.

Bandmill Bandit

Wow how time flys!

Didn't realize it was over a year since you put it into service.

No I won't upload my entire photo library. I was just ribbin you a bit cause even I can do the uploads right.  Keep up the good work.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

jwilly3879

I put my selected photos in my gallery. Start a new topic to put them in and when I click on add photos to post nothing appears.

thecfarm

Another window should pop up that says,are you sure,than you have to click yes.

EDIT looks like someone else is having problems too.

Looks OK now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

UN Hooker

What am I doing Wrong? Tried to upload some pics. to my gallery and I keep getting this message.

Error
Selected album does not exist or you don't have permission to upload in this album

UN
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

thecfarm

Are you trying to upload from a phone,tablet or??

UN Hooker

C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

Jeff

Did you create an album yet? Did you watch the video tutorials at the beginning of this topic?  You have to create an album in order to upload, and then you need to select that album when you do upload.

UN Hooker

Yes, I created a new album "Woodshed",   I watched the video, but it's blurry and hard to see what your clicking on.   When I click on the pic. and then on open and when it goes back to the gallery page the pic.# DSCN0074 is not in the box but something like "C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Do"   this and I can't remove it and paste the pic. # in the box.

Jeff

Nothing has changed. I just checked, You have lots of photos in your gallery and have been uploading photos for quite some time.

UN Hooker

Yes, I think this is the way I uploaded them before but its not workin now. I think I'll let it rest for now and try it when my grandson is here.  UN

thecfarm

UN hooker.I do no pasteing at all. This might confuse you more.  ;D
Plug in camera,download picture in my FF folder on my computor,go to My Gallery,click Upload File,select an album,browse in my FF folder,choose the picture I want,open it and it downloads and resizes it into what ever album I selected. I hope I did not leave a step out. This is it in a nutshell. I'm sure don't know what I am doing,but members helped me way back when.

UN Hooker

Error
No file was uploaded!
If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

This is the error message I receive when I try to upload a photo.  I think I'm following all of the directions that are posted.  What server is this referring to?