iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Slithery" visitor...

Started by Woodcutter_Mo, May 14, 2018, 12:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

Went to go collect eggs a few minutes ago when, HOLY #@$&!!! 

Some glad I shone a flashlight in there first!!
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

caveman

My mother sent me a text and picture of a timber rattler today that she had a run in with.  She was vacuuming ladybugs up at their cabin near Ivy Log, Ga and went outside to dump the vacuum.  She heard the snake start to rattle when she was about two feet from it.  It had ten or 11 rattles and was coiled (locked and loaded) when she saw it.  It was a fat one about five feet long.  She is normally pretty easygoing when it comes to wildlife but she was wishing she had her 38 special with her today.

I am incredibly thankful that she avoided a bite.  She has had some significant health challenges over the last few years and this would have exacerbated her maladies significantly.  Strangely enough, I have not seen too many snakes around here yet this year - normally I see several a day.
Caveman

Woodcutter_Mo

-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

WDH

I know a few Forum members here who will bite if harassed.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

Hmm, I don't bite,  I nibble! ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

caveman

A few pics of the snake that scared my mother last week.

Caveman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Oh my, that is a real nasty there.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

There is a gentleman who keeps about a dozen bee hives on our farm, we get the pollination and a little honey and he gets access to our clover and alfalfa for his bee production, win, win.  Well Monday I was helping him move some equipment when a 3' copperhead came out from under a hive frame in the middle of a field.  He was a nasty one, stuck around and took a pretty offensive position rather than sce-daddle.  Fortunately for him I had not thrown my little .22 with pellet loads into my pocket, won't make that mistake again.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Dave Shepard

A buddy of mine went to look at a building lot that had been abandoned. Well was in, driveway was in, nobody would build on it. He drove up there on his four-wheeler, parked look around and saw four giant rattlesnakes coiled up in a 20-foot circle of where he was parked. He put it in reverse, got out of there, and the property is still abandoned.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!