iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Swede Pro boots

Started by wilson_tree, November 28, 2010, 09:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilson_tree

Anyone have some feedback on the Swede Pro leather, steel toe kevlar lined boots? 
http://www.gemplers.com/product/165785/SwedePro-Leather-Chain-Saw-Boots

I plan to wear them in snow, rain, and sleet, but I am worried my feet will be wet and the boots will take forever to dry.  How do they perform in wet and snowy conditions?  Do they turn into soggy chunks on your feet or are they comfortable?  Ten hours a day with wet feet is no fun.  Thanks

Emajsh

I dont know anything about the swede pro boots, but i wear the labonville kevlar boots and they seem to last a long time and are comfortable. I wear mine every day all day. They now make a pair with a waterproof membrane which they claim is a hundred percent waterproof. I dont wear mine during the winter because i just have the regular ones which seem to eventually get wet no matter what you try to seal them with. During the winter i wear the viking bushwacker nylon boots. I dont know if your set on the swede boots or not but you might want to look over labonville's website
JD 340D  HUSKY 385XP 372XP

bill m

In cold dry snow they should be ok but not in wet/ slush type of snow or rain. Also you should get a Peet boot drier. I have 2 of them and use one to dry my boots every day, all year long. There's nothing better then putting on a warm/dry pair of boots every morning.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

JDeere

I agree with Bill M, I don't think in water or slush they will keep you dry. When in says made to "repel water" it is not saying they are waterproof.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

240b

i have had 5 or 6 pairs of these. they don't last too long. One summer and they need new heel counters  mid soles rebuilt etc.... no steel shank  thin leather. and they will soak up alot of water. Labonvilles seem to have better leather but cheaper sole.  They fit my feet well and have a low heel thats why I've had so many pairs.  A leather top rubber bottomed Nokian boot with removable felts are way better for snow/wet.    (if you can find them)

PAFaller

I have had a few pairs of them. I wax the snot out of them. Amish store here sells Redwing boot wax and I apply liberally to clean leather once every 8-10 days of use. Seems to keep them fairly water tight in the rain and on wet ground, but they are not submersible and will be soaked if you start walking through a swamp with them. For winter I like the nokian or hoffman boots with a rubber bottom. Its cold enough that they aren't super hot to wear, and I get mine with caulks for working on icy landings. Double as a good ice fishing boot too!
It ain't easy...

trapper

I am cheep.  Instead of the peet dryer I used pvc pipe to make the stand and attached a used bonnet type hair dryer from saint vincent de paul which cost 50 cents.  cut the bonnet off and duct tape the hose to the dryer. Used long enough pipe to also dry my hip boots.  put an elbow on top to blow the air into the toes.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

wilson_tree

Thanks for all the good info.  I am now leaning toward the newer Labonville boots with Gore tex lining.  One last question: are they stiff enough to climb in gaffs comfortably?  Thanks again.

SwampDonkey

Viking also makes a boot with rubber bottom and leather top. (Black Tusk Boot) I where them in wet moss cutting brush and they stay dry. But thinning is hard on boots, so I now just buy a cheaper rubber logger's boot from Viking.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!