iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

Quote from: nativewolf on May 04, 2018, 07:14:24 AM
Yeah, more of a want to have..than a need to have.  Also, have this little problem with China enforcing pest certifications.  I mean I had 10 people begging...now I am hoping for 4.  

I wonder about the operator training.  Going to have to spend a month getting someone up to speed once we do get one.  
we are going through the same thing with fumigating the containers some of the people caught on quick and others are like deer in caught head lights  :D

nativewolf

Yeah, man I wish the buyers had been a bit more prepared.  Who is doing the fumigation up there, the port?  Any lumber yards?  I heard Baillie contracated a whole fumigating facility.
Liking Walnut

coxy

we can debark or fumigate my guy told his supplier he would take less a container if they worried about it ill know more about how he made out with it tomorrow  but fumigating it has to be done in the us   i guess Hong Kong don't want there bug back :D :D  

mike_belben

Half million dollar pole saw is spending the night on my lawn.  The kids dig it.

Praise The Lord

nativewolf

Quote from: coxy on May 06, 2018, 11:10:18 PM
we can debark or fumigate my guy told his supplier he would take less a container if they worried about it ill know more about how he made out with it tomorrow  but fumigating it has to be done in the us   i guess Hong Kong don't want there bug back :D :D  
Coxy:  Wondering how he did.
Liking Walnut

1270d

It might take1-2 years for someone green to get decent in a harvester.   More to become totally competent for independent operation.    Doesn't take very long to learn which button does what but that is only the tip of the iceberg.

Skeans1

Ken

Quote from: 1270d on May 10, 2018, 10:18:25 PM
It might take1-2 years for someone green to get decent in a harvester.   More to become totally competent for independent operation.    Doesn't take very long to learn which button does what but that is only the tip of the iceberg.

Only those with a desire to learn and  perform will get up to speed in 1-2 years.  With the price of todays machines and upkeep I can't imagine training a newbie. 

Lots of toys for working in the bush

Ken

Quote from: Skeans1 on May 11, 2018, 11:18:30 PM
https://youtu.be/vvIX1SS-qR0 The fun of being near a stream

How do you enjoy the 1270 after having a bit of time in the seat?  I'd love to try one and they are certainly on the list of possible new harvesters when I upgrade later this year.  Not sure I want to look through a kingpost though
Lots of toys for working in the bush

barbender

It would be odd trying to get used to looking through a crane base coming out of a swing machine.
Too many irons in the fire

chevytaHOE5674

Guess I should feel good that within a year of running harvester I had a pretty good handle on it and was putting out a wack of wood. After that I felt i just got smoother and more efficient. But I have thousands of hours operating all different kinds of equipment like excavators, bunchers, forwarder, skidder, farm equip, etc. 

Know a kid out of high school that after a week of running processor was one of the smoothest operators I've seen. Also know a guy who has owned and operated a processor for 10+ years and watching him is like watching a bull in a china shop. No finesse involved he runs it like its a sledge hammer.

Skeans1

If you want Ken and if you're in the PNW you're welcome o one try my machine out, it's one one of one out here.

Skeans1

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on May 12, 2018, 10:44:25 PM
Guess I should feel good that within a year of running harvester I had a pretty good handle on it and was putting out a wack of wood. After that I felt i just got smoother and more efficient. But I have thousands of hours operating all different kinds of equipment like excavators, bunchers, forwarder, skidder, farm equip, etc.

Know a kid out of high school that after a week of running processor was one of the smoothest operators I've seen. Also know a guy who has owned and operated a processor for 10+ years and watching him is like watching a bull in a china shop. No finesse involved he runs it like its a sledge hammer.
It's hard to take a guy from feller Buncher to harvester I've done both then from feller Buncher to harvester well you need a young hand I'm under 30 and do everything from wrench to cut by hand with a jack, I'm a jack of all trades.

Skeans1

Quote from: barbender on May 12, 2018, 10:40:47 PM
It would be odd trying to get used to looking through a crane base coming out of a swing machine.
It's not that bad at all take about 10 minutes of the boom following the crane and you'll never go back even in a forwarder like here in the PNW where a leveling cab is a requirement.

BargeMonkey

I haven't had much time to get in the woods, went Saturday in the rain and stumped the last few oaks. Laid the rest of the job down and walked the timbco down the road to the other job, work / wood coming out of my ears and not enough time in the day. 

Keep knocking the pile down, load trailers, it comes right back 🤣 

I laugh when ever someone talks about disturbing over 1 acre in NY, the rules dont just apply in the watershed. finishing up 1 of 4 storm water ponds today. Special liner with bentonite, miserable heavy stuff. 

I finally pulled the trigger and bought my 1st load of fuel last night, came this morning, should have done it 6wks ago, went up another 4.5 cents today. 

dustintheblood

Quote from: BargeMonkey on May 16, 2018, 10:10:46 PM
I haven't had much time to get in the woods, went Saturday in the rain and stumped the last few oaks. Laid the rest of the job down and walked the timbco down the road to the other job, work / wood coming out of my ears and not enough time in the day.

Keep knocking the pile down, load trailers, it comes right back 🤣

I laugh when ever someone talks about disturbing over 1 acre in NY, the rules dont just apply in the watershed. finishing up 1 of 4 storm water ponds today. Special liner with bentonite, miserable heavy stuff.

I finally pulled the trigger and bought my 1st load of fuel last night, came this morning, should have done it 6wks ago, went up another 4.5 cents today.

Yeah but look at the money you saved by using the fuel truck as a roller compactor.  Geez the pavement's still hot and the truck's already there. hahaaahaa
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

mike_belben

Get after it now before the wife and kids come along.  
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Hit it for 20hrs yesterday, back up at 6 and shipped a load of pulp, the day was going to well. Landowner got a picture when I finally got the front shaft out, repairs happen, be back cutting wood in a couple days, cant win them all. 

BargeMonkey

I screwed up when I started this job, had the poles turned sideways and ran out of room, just keep stacking it up, about done. 

Got the last couple trees on the job today, get her moved this week. 

Got a box of new LED's at the shop, hammering out this next one in record time. 

99% Done with my pond ordeal, tried to get the one pond so I could keep fish in it, they wherent buying it 🤣 Trying to open this weekend but slow, grand opening is June 30th. 

Skeans1

Not too many of these big old girls left around it sure is cool to see and would be even cooler to drop just to say you have.

nativewolf

So give us some measurements here.  What's the dbh of the small stuff vs that big girl?
Liking Walnut

Skeans1

If I had to guess it'd be in the 6.5 to 7 foot range on the butt where the head is for height. If you were cutting that with a 32" bar you'd be cutting a block for a face and a small window to finish your back cut.

Firewoodjoe

I like to think about that stuff. How many saws and differant generations of saws have been against that tree.

Skeans1

That little pocket was an old growth patch that was passed over so only one guy.

Thank You Sponsors!