iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan 2019

Started by Skip, September 22, 2019, 02:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip

Oct 4.5.6 , 2019  Old Washington OH

thecfarm

As I am always saying,go to it guy!!! I go to one here in Maine about 2 hours away. I always enjoy it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DbltreeBelgians

I'll be there Friday the 4th. I might be looking for a birthday/retirement gift for myself which both will be Monday the 7th.

Brent

red

Does anyone know if there will be a Sawmill Shootout  ? 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

DR_Buck

Quote from: red on September 24, 2019, 06:31:39 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a Sawmill Shootout  ?
I think this year is firewood processor shoot out.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

scsmith42

I'm planning to attend on Friday and Saturday.  Any other FF members planning a meet-up at the show?
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

DR_Buck

I'm going to miss this one.  I'll be in Ireland.  smiley_beertoast
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: red on September 24, 2019, 06:31:39 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a Sawmill Shootout  ?
This year should be the sawmill shootout. Last year was the firewood processor shootout.

Brent 

gmmills

Dbltree is right in regards to this year being the sawmill shootout. According to the info I received, the shootout will not take place this year. Also checked the official show schedule on the OFA's website and no listing of time for the sawmill shootout on any day of event. Disappointing for sure. Was looking forward to seeing the big hydraulic mills compete.  
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: gmmills on September 28, 2019, 09:38:24 PM
 Dbltree is right in regards to this year being the sawmill shootout. According to the info I received, the shootout will not take place this year. Also checked the official show schedule on the OFA's website and no listing of time for the sawmill shootout on any day of event. Disappointing for sure. Was looking forward to seeing the big hydraulic mills compete.  
I received word later yesterday after my previous post as to what gmmills states. I was definitely looking forward to the shootout but that won't stop me from going Friday.
Hope to see some FF member there.

Brent 

DWyatt

I will be there Saturday. Hope to get there around 11. This is my first time going so I am very excited.

Al_Smith

If you haven't been do go .Very interesting array of just about anything forestry related .

GAB

Attended in 2017.
I highly recommend boots for footwear especially if it has rained in the past week.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Al_Smith

Well yes .The last I was there to run in the Ohio championship hot saw contest they routed us around the race track .There I go spinning the tires going through grease like mud sideways  but I made it some how .They routed us out a different way from the infield .The Guernsey  county fair grounds can turn into a sea of mud .

EZ

make sure you guys have your forestry forum hats on.

Jack S

Ok folks I got here last evening  and am in our MH just  behind the main event just ouside the racetrack. The weather has turned cooler and I just spent a perfect day checking out as much as I could , Yes I have my FF hat on and so far haven't  met up with anyone, Late morning no one else had stopped at logright to checkin either. You are sure missing a great show if you aren't here. by the way Gab no boots needed as it is super dusty dry this year not like the past.  Jack

scsmith42

Quote from: Jack S on October 04, 2019, 08:22:23 PM
  Ok folks I got here last evening  and am in our MH just  behind the main event just ouside the racetrack. The weather has turned cooler and I just spent a perfect day checking out as much as I could , Yes I have my FF hat on and so far haven't  met up with anyone, Late morning no one else had stopped at Logrite to checkin either. You are sure missing a great show if you aren't here. by the way Gab no boots needed as it is super dusty dry this year not like the past.  Jack
I'll be there in the morning.  Unfortunately forgot and left my FF hat back at the farm.

scsmith42

I had a great time at the show today.  Spent a lot of time learning from Gary (GMMills) and Richard (Cutting Edge) about bands, setters, and sharpeners.  Many thanks to both of them for freely sharing so much insightful and critical knowledge! 

Unfortunately no pix from Gary, Richard and my time together; however I did manage to meet up with Furby (Jason), Jack S, and Kevin from Logrite at the Logrite booth.  As always it was good to meet and spend quality time with other FF members.  

FF members are the best!  Thanks guys for sharing your time with me today; I really enjoyed it.

Thank You Sponsors!