iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New projects

Started by Kevin, January 16, 2004, 04:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I have a couple of new projects coming up just as soon as the weather changes...

A Black Spruce along side the Trans Canada highway

A White Birch between two cottage buildings ...

Jeff

That first one is an easy fix. Just tilt the camera a little to the right.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

I was hoping it might stand itself back up in the Spring.

Jeff

Is that the one with the roots up in the air?

Kevin

That's it.
Maybe I could just paint it blue.  :D

Jeff

I wonder if you could pull it back straight with a come along and then pin it down with some steel fence posts.

Kevin

It's a jungle out there.  :D

Here's a bigger picture --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/photo/26601181/111756663ywSASn

*hit the normal size button.

isawlogs

It be alot easyer ifin that line wasn't there.
  You got it figured out yet hows you gonna take it down, all that calculating give you any ideas...
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

chet

Here's where ya get out yur throw bag to set yur rope or ropes. Those black spruce are purty tough and usually pull purty easy. But yur rope needs lots of height.
Sometimes when faced with a tree like that, that I don't know will HANG on I will use two ropes in it, each pulling at a 30 to 45 degree angle.
Or....... ya could always climb it and jump the top over the cable.  ;D  
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kevin

There's a few  ways to tackle this one that I see.
Two as Chet described and a third where I partialy cut the butt and let the top rest gently on the strand then go up trim the top off close to the cable and come back down, finish the cut and let the tree drop to the ground.

Bro. Noble

Jeeze Kevin,

You're overlooking the obvious and easy way to do it.  I'd tell you but you always make fun of my brilliance ::)  Anyway it would take a helper.  Can you get anyone to work with you?
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Kevin

Bro; helpers aren't in our budget.  :D
What's your suggestion?
They won't let me burn it down or blow it up.  :D

... and I'm not dropping the cable.

chet

Kevin, yur option wouldn't work for me. The folks I work for frown on the idea of resting trees on high voltage lines. Seems to always blow power.  :-/  They also aren't as tough as dem big fat Com cables.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kevin

Here's a shot from my office yesterday --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/photo/26601181/111838517pkJIsw

Bro. Noble

Kevin,

Well never mind then,  I figgered I was wasting my time :-/
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Wes

Looks like a bucket truck job, or possibly a crane.

Or if you get a good heavy snow it may come down by itself, then it will be an easy one.

Kevin

It's going to be a climb the rope and saw job.  :D

Tom

Minnesota_boy

Get a 1010 John Deere with loader bucket.  Raise it as high as it will go and push the tree back into the woods.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Stan

Have the phone company come out and lay the cable on the ground. No harm no foul, this don't work with electric lines.  :-/
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

chet

Minnesota_boy,   With a shallow rooted tree like a black spruce with that much weight leaning the way it is, there is a VERY good chance you would push the base of the tree out from under itself.

Kevin

Stan;
I am the phone company!  :D
I can drop the tree without dropping the line.
If I drop the line then drop the tree I have to raise the line again which involves more work than required.
I can safely remove this tree without the added expense of heavy equipment, it's about an hours drive one way up the highway.

etat

Would this be of any help! ;D ;D :) :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Tom

Is that all he needs.....  a camera?   :D  Are we all going to wake up and find out this has been a dream? :D

Worse yet! Am I going to wake up and find out Y'all have been a dream? :D :D

Stephen_Wiley

Could it be......that cktate discovered when Kevin looked out his window, upon completion of a nap. That his head was still cocked in the slanted sleep position.  :D
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!