iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill level

Started by Chuck White, May 30, 2016, 09:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

I have always used a small RV bubble level whenever I set up my mill.

So, I added one to the mill.

I just stuck it in place with a dab of silicone caulk.

I really like the location because when the first non-hydraulic logstop is not in use, the level is protected.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

derhntr

Good idea, I still use 4 foot level
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

valley ranch

Looks good. Did you add just the one or a couple?

grouch

I recently finished reading the Useful sawmill mods started by Bibbyman. Don't be looking for a patent on your idea -- prior art:

R.V. level on the mill, Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 07:07:05 pm, by RMay

;D
Find something to do that interests you.

Chuck White

I only put one level on the mill.

Since the mill doesn't necessarily have to be level, "just close" and solid, it just makes things a little handier!

Grouch;  Not looking to be the first, just pointing out that it's "handy"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

grouch

Just teasing a bit. Saw your thread and thought, "didn't I just read about him doing that?" Then couldn't find it at this end of the sawmill mods thread, went back to the beginning and it was dated 12 years back and a different person. Brain overflow.

Good tips and ideas are timeless. (And live reminders beat post-it notes).

Mine's not intended to be mobile, but the sucker is different every time I put a level on it. Someday...
Find something to do that interests you.

Carson-saws

The RV bubbles work great and easily and cheaply replaced should they get damaged.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

drobertson

good idea,  never even gave this a thought,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!