iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PWN-BWI-ATL this should be interesting...

Started by JohnM, October 31, 2012, 12:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnM

Flying out of Portland, ME tomorrow noonish, layover in Baltimore onto Atlanta.  BWI says flights are on time, how that is possible is beyond me.  I figured Sandy would screw us up for sure, time will tell.  I haven't been on a plane in 13yrs!  :o  It's a first for the kids and my wife hates planes.  On the plus side (or minus depending on your perspective) we're driving back up. ::)

Speaking of Sandy, I finally heard from my brother (briefly), who lives in Massapequa Park, Long Island.  He says it's bad, really bad.  No idea when they may get power back.  Hope to talk to him more tonight for more details.

Wish us luck but more to my brother. :)

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Raider Bill

Flights and connections are bad enough without storm issues. Good Luck.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

doctorb

Baltimore and BWI were on the left side of the storm.  We got high winds and rain, with tree issues and power outages, but nothing like those on the northeast portion of Sandy.  BWI should be smooth sailing for your connection, except for their usual incompetence ;D  In fact, I think the airport is fully operational today.

The only issue could be if your second flight is originating from elsewhere in the northeast (LaGuardia, for instance.).  That plane could have difficulty getting out of its point of origin, making your second flight difficult due to a lack of a plane. :D

Good traveling!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

JohnM

Everything went off without a hitch, I was  :o!

Can't say the same for NY/NJ.  SIL in NJ says the power company is telling them Nov. 9th before they get power.  Have to check in with my brother later today but I very much doubt they have power either.  Watched Rock Center last night, Staten Island looks like it was wiped off the map.  Just crazy.

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Thank You Sponsors!