iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to the site . . . . .

Started by Coot, July 24, 2004, 10:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coot

dont know if this is the place to make introductions but hey i am a newbie to the site and what can i say.

but enough of that jazz and down to the good stuff.

the other night i got my first real chainsaw ( sorry if i offend anyone) a sthil 08s , from what i belive is 1963 , i saw a pic on sthil website and the two saws look identicale, i acquired the saw from a friend i had split and staked wood for , for about threes years.

the saw seems to be in good working order , it has a 24 inch bar , if your measure from the last bolt on the saw of the bar , i really dont know what the ccs are but i do belive it is possible either 36 or 44 cc , maybe you guys could tell me what the cc's are if you have happened to run a sthil 08s.

and i think that is all for now , hopefully i will be hear for some more information as i do take up the art of being a woodsman.

Tom

Welcome to the forum, Coot.

One place is as good as another for an introduction.  Are you interested in milling or felling and bucking logs?

Coot

Kevin

Welcome to the forum Coot.
Your 08 is 56cc.
Where in Ontario are you at?

SasquatchMan

Coot, welcome aboard.

Kevin, not that I would presume to doubt your encyclopedic specs, but I thought I saw an 08s listed at more more like 65 cc (and aren't they about 16 lbs)?

Senior Member?  That's funny.

Kevin

Depending on the model.
There are two heads, one is 47mm and the other is 49mm.

Coot

well kevin , i am from mid western ontario bruce county to be exact if you want to get into locals , i work with a guy who is from the sue last names Eakket , if it rings a bell.

and thanks for figuring out what cc my saw is i will try and figure out the head size this winter when i clean it up a bit.

Kevin

You're just a boat ride straight away to Jeffs place.

Thank You Sponsors!