iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Geocaching gone bad

Started by jrdwyer, April 21, 2009, 11:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrdwyer

Here is an interesting article from Boulder, Colorado about some geocachers who are wanted by police for questioning. I think the comments section is better than the article.

If you are not familiar with this sport, it is the modern equivalent of orienteering, except using GPS receivers and finding caches located almost everywhere.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_12190782

Tom

So, what's the big deal?  Nothing was taken that I can determine.  The article wasn't explicit about the box being the hidden cache and that it was found and reburied, or that it was stolen.  It seems to be much to do about nothing to me.  :-\

jrdwyer

That's it, much to do about nothing. An overreaction by the teacher/school and police that shut down the school for 1/2 a day. Safety is one thing, but it obviously needs to be tempered by common sense and communications with your fellow human being.

I have had to explain myself to conservation officers on 4 different occasions about what I doing on my client's property. Concerned neighbors typically call in worried that someone might be cooking meth or growing weed out in the woods. I have come to realize that forestry and forest management activities are not well known, even by those in the conservation field. Hunting and logging are much easier for people to identify as normal activities.

Thank You Sponsors!