iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

It's to early for snow. 

Or better yet mud.... This job is wet to begin with and the rain doesnt stop. 

Out walking / buying good wood today. 

I just shake my head, the people pick up 3-4 bags and 1 bag of kindling like it's nothing. 

Oliver05262

I am dumbfounded at what people will pay for wrapped firewood. I know it's kiln-dried, bug-free, convenient, and clean......BUT...........$5.95 for a package marked .75 cu/ft (at Aubuchon's) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

BargeMonkey

I saw a local customer get 4 bags, 2 bundles and 2 bags of kindling the other day, I went out and told them I could drop a cord off ??? Nope, just up for the weekend and wanted something for the fireplace 😂 My customer base here is mostly out of NYC, I've got someone who wants me to do bundles / bags and he wants to sell them at his place on the E-LI, without doing a fair amount of work to my kiln it's a pain to get a USDA stamp because we dont run it high enough and honestly I dont have the help. I'm getting 5.99 for bags which are 1cuft+, 4.99 for 3/4 bundle and 4.50 for "Kindling" which falls out of the tumbler 🤣 

Cub

Nice basswood  
 Butt log junk but the rest is good

BargeMonkey

When I had the built-rite processor I would feed some really nasty stuff thru it and make wood, your wasting your time feeding a circle saw junk and burning fuel, only the best comes home now. Firewood is short this yr.

Hay is even shorter, 2nd cut doesnt exist, we filled both barns and cleaning up the rest of the outside bales, 1/2 of what's put up is spoken for already. 

Decatur is not someplace you want to be come snow, loaded her yesterday, I've got some dry ground near home, lay a couple jobs on the ground and pick it up after it freezes. 

mike_belben

I assume the last processor was a barsaw?   

What actually happens when twisty stuff goes into the circle saw?  Jam up or wont feed into the cut chamber or what?  
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Last machine was .404 barsaw. The real crooked stuff just doesnt feed right, cuts odd blocks which dont fall in the chamber right, I'm sorting my wood anymore, guys cutting up with the chainsaws get the odd stuff. 
 Winter is here.... 👎 20 degrees and blowing, wood orders pouring in. Fired up the OWB and the kilns warming up, start running baskets because I think every stick around will be gone this yr, most guys are already out of wood here local. 

Skeans1

BargeMonkey

mike_belben

But whos gonna run all that pretty equipment and flog the lackeys at your store?
Praise The Lord

longtime lurker

Not bad sticks, dozer is coming around the head of the left hand log. Guess he's around 10cube/ 4000 BF, haven't measured yet... Couple of those make for a good day when you're paid on production.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Maine logger88

I found out limbing and sorting behind a buncher and skidders wasnt the answer so i broke down and bought this loader. Hate to have another payment but hopefully make up for it with production not to mention safety. 
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Maine logger88

Trying to be like Barge and burning the midnight oil lol! 
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

Nice.  Theres a 275 barko with saw for sale in celina TN for 11k if anyone is looking.  
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Maine logger88 on November 16, 2018, 07:44:59 PM

Trying to be like Barge and burning the midnight oil lol!
The problem with the "Iron Sickness" is now your able to delimb and slash faster than the skidder, then you start looking 748/630, it's bad 😂 Looks like a nice loader. 👍 

BargeMonkey

Quote from: mike_belben on November 14, 2018, 09:56:03 PM
But whos gonna run all that pretty equipment and flog the lackeys at your store?
The female I've kept around for the last going on 2yrs 😂 is pretty serious and wants to leave her state job in a yr or so and run the store, on paper it sounds good. I doubt I ever go back, for some reason I've been falling into stumpage, theres no backing out now. 

mills

nativewolf

Quote from: longtime lurker on November 15, 2018, 07:00:46 AM

Not bad sticks, dozer is coming around the head of the left hand log. Guess he's around 10cube/ 4000 BF, haven't measured yet... Couple of those make for a good day when you're paid on production.
That is a nice log!  How long are the stems?
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

Welp, if you did go back on the boat, would it be a cable tug or a grapple?  

;D
Praise The Lord

gaproperty

Ray
lostcaper.com
youtube.com/c/LostCaper

gaproperty

Here is a big yellow birch I cut and winched out.  The peace of chaga that I got of it was worth more than the tree. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0wcOHGX3RA

Ray
lostcaper.com
youtube.com/c/LostCaper

nativewolf

I've got some vine pictures to post later on, not the biggest or ugliest we have in Virginia but just a sample.  Some grape vine that have 4" tops so we stick in the pulp load for fun and giggles.  No rejects so far!
Liking Walnut

g_man

Quote from: nativewolf on November 19, 2018, 06:50:06 PM
I've got some vine pictures to post later on, not the biggest or ugliest we have in Virginia but just a sample.  Some grape vine that have 4" tops so we stick in the pulp load for fun and giggles.  No rejects so far!
Now that is funny !!
gg

BargeMonkey

My father is probably the tail end of the "old school" and it's not a bad thing, slowly getting the hang of that processor. 

I dont get it, phones been off the hook for firewood all yr and it doesnt end, I see guys putting wood out but I just dont understand how some of these other processor guys aren't finding wood ? 
Another item we manufacture that's been nuts this yr, usually come fall it tapers off, still 5-10k sticks behind. 

One of the girls calls me Saturday and says "they bought every bag and bundle out there" 😂 I was skeptical but people will spend 6.00 for 1cu ft of wood. 

My GF works for DMV in the neighboring county, looked at me funny last night when I said we where going for a ride 😂 

Thank You Sponsors!