iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TEMCO Automatic chain sharpener?

Started by MNBobcat, March 04, 2019, 12:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNBobcat

Anyone ever used one of these TEMCO automatic chain sharpeners?    It looks pretty slick

TEMCo Industrial FP1000 - Automatic Chainsaw Sharpener - YouTube

wisconsitom

Not that particular brand, but we used to use wheel grinders on our chains.  Worked well, so long as operator took time and didn't over-grind.  I like that system just fine...but when new crop of young guys showed up from college, they insisted that only hand-sharpening was legit.....and threw away the grinder!

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

tom
Ask me about hybrid larch!

MNBobcat

Tom,

I have a grinder now with a good quality CBN wheel.  I used to use oregon chain and they never cut well.  I went to Stihl RSC chain and I love it.  I have 5 loops.  I sharpen them all  at once and then change the chain when one gets dull.  

The idea of drinking coffee while the machine does all the work sharpening the chain sounds pretty nice.  It's $300 delivered so a little spendy but would make my life a lot easier.  I cut 24 cords a year.

wisconsitom

I like how you can go back and forth between sides of chain on unit you showed.  On unit we had, had to do one side then the other.  We kept chunk of wax crayon to mark starting points, but didn't really need.  You can tell by sharpness/shiny metal, of course.  That was old days.  Used to be an arborist.

Thanks,
tom
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Allar

Firewood & Chainsaw videos: Firewood Warrior - YouTube

Cruiser_79

Wow that looks good! And not too expensive! I'm looking to purchase a Oregon Jolly sharpener, but that costs 300 euro's. Even more expensive than the automatic one of Temco. 
Logosol has a sharpening robot as well, but that one costs more than 870 euros = >900 dollars 

I have a chain with two cutters after each other to the same side, how will the Temco respond to this? 

sablatnic

How will it do with a chain with 63 drive links? (Stihl chain).

Cruiser_79

Unfortunately it isn't possible to grind 1.6 mm chains... My stihl bars are all 1.6 (0.063''). 
So think I'll look further for a Oregon Jolly with a hydraulic vise. 

Thank You Sponsors!