iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ford backhoe hydraulic fitting ..help!

Started by 47sawdust, April 02, 2016, 07:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

The hose for my bucket on my 550  ford separated from the fitting and I need to replace it.I'm a first time owner and I'm not sure how to proceed.The fitting in question is behind 6 other fittings so I'm assuming I have to remove whats in the way to access it.It looks like barked knuckles and swearing will be the order of the day.It is a 4 stick machine and the fitting is below the controls.
Any tips or new swear words are appreciated.
Thanks,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

69bronco

You'll come up with a few new words of your own before your done! I'd look the hoses you take off over real close, replace what you need. Mr. Murphy says the one beside it will blow next : :-[

Corley5

Start taking off hoses until you can get a wrench to work on the bad hose.  That's the only way to do it.  Welcome to the world of heavy equipment repair  ;D ;) :) 8) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Magicman

Just be sure to put the removed hoses back where they were or you may have to repeat your cussin' assignment.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

47sawdust

Thanks for the replies.I will take a picture and use some colored zip ties to mark hose location before I start.A good pressure wash is in order as well,this machine hasn't had a lot of love,but it has a good home now.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Magicman on April 02, 2016, 08:25:43 AM
Just be sure to put the removed hoses back where they were or you may have to repeat your cussin' assignment.

x2 go ahead and mark them i've had a 555 ford since '93 or '94 and those lines are easy to confuse but not so easy to straighten out so i mark with tape as i take them off :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

whiskers

http://www.surpluscenter.com/hydraulics/

this site has some handy information that I found helpful while getting my old 4400 ford bh back together. fittings can be confusing since there's several styles to deal with. get the free catalog, lots of good stuff there.
many irons in the fire.........

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have a 2 stick 550C. Yes you will have to remove what you need to move just to get to it.
Just take some spray paint and paint the hose on each connection before removing.
Its aggravating, I know and it will take a little time.

WATCH out for the "O" rings. Its probably a good idea to replace the o-ring too.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ScottAR

A dot with a center punch on each fitting works good too for smaller numbers. 

If you can get to them, a rap with a hammer with another larger hammer on the opposite side for backup makes the fittings some easier to loosen.   
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!