iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

22 LR in NY...where are they? when will they be back?

Started by m wood, March 27, 2014, 07:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m wood

Do I have to travel out of state to buy my ammo now?  Gun shop owners are saying it's all up and down the eastern U.S.  .270s, 30.06, 20 and 12 ga. are all available, but no 22s.  I'm taking an hour off work tomorrow morn to be at Dicks when they open, because they're having a truck in the morning.  The guy says "you wont be the only on taking off work to be here tomorrow".

then I can only buy one box at a time too!!
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Chuck White

Up here, Walmart has them occasionally, but in a limited supply!

They aren't in the store very long!

I don't know how much they are, but they limit your purchase to three 50-round boxes.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

m wood

Hey Chuck.  The guy at dicks (this kid was full of info) said I could buy a single brick, 500 rounds.  They also occasionally have 100 round boxes and they limt you to 3 of them.  We are flying out west next week from Cleveland and leaving the truck at the in-laws.  You can bet I will be making some extra stops down the I 90 corridor. ;D
I am Mark
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
check out FB

Brad_S.

Will out of state dealers sell ammo to us New Yorkers?
When we (my work team mates and I) stopped at Cabela's in Maine, the first question they asked when we reached the counter was "what state are you from?" As soon as we said NY, they said sorry, they couldn't sell anything to us.
*DanG King Andrew!
I would be interested to know how you fair out of state.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Dave Shepard

How are you supposed to have a fun weekend plinking with only 150 rounds? :D Years ago Central Tractor had Federal Lightning for $.97 a box. I bought 50. ;D My Ruger 77/22 loved that stuff, 10 rounds into less than 3/4" at 50 yards.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Alcranb

Brad don't feel left out. Cabela's in Connecticut does the same thing. If your from Mass. your out of luck too.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

terry f

Brad, next time tell them you are from Oregon, then they won't even charge you tax. That's good that they have them in Maine, still won't find them here.

Dave Shepard

I walked into a Walmart a few years ago and asked for a box of .45 Auto and one of .44 Mag. The guy plunked them on the counter and asked me for the money. I said don't you want to know if I'm 21? No, you look 21. How about a pistol permit? Nope, don't need one. ::) I haven't bought ammo in a long time, but I recall some places wanted to take down your permit number and put it in their computer.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Chuck White

Quote from: Brad_S. on March 27, 2014, 09:19:21 PM
Will out of state dealers sell ammo to us New Yorkers?
When we (my work team mates and I) stopped at Cabela's in Maine, the first question they asked when we reached the counter was "what state are you from?" As soon as we said NY, they said sorry, they couldn't sell anything to us.
*DanG King Andrew!
I would be interested to know how you fair out of state.

Vermont dealers won't sell to anyone with New York ID!  >:(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

sounds like a mess all over the country!  here in southern Missouri, they are hard to find as well,  rumor has it the pawn shops are picking them up then reselling for over twice the amount.  You have to be at wal mart when the load the shelves,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Raider Bill

You need to show ID when buying ammo?  Never heard of that before.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LeeB

I never show ID. My buddy never asks for it. Whenever he finds a good deal, he picks up some for me too. He shoots way more than I do.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

m wood

well, I took off work at 11.  The clerk tells me the story:  The store opened at 9 am, they got 8 boxes.  30 customers at the locked doors at 8:45 and the guy stood there with 8 boxes in his arms and never set them down.  they were gone at 9:02.

So I asks him..."some new law that states wont sell them to New yorkers or any out of state buyers"?  He says no.  The only federal law is must be 18 years old.  If they ask where your from, just lie!!  But there's no reason for them to BE asking.  So I'm going  to Ohio next week, hope I can stock up.  I'll keep y'all posted.  In the end, my FIL will buy me bunches and keep them for when we visit from time to time.
mark 
I am Mark
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
check out FB

21incher

It stinks that with the new SAFE act you can no longer buy ammo online. Soon you will have to pass a background check even to buy a box of 22's, and all your info will be entered in a state police database and you will be monitored to see if you buy too much ammo or if you buy calibers that will fit a assault rifle that must be registered. I got lucky at Herb Phillipsons and got 2 bricks a couple of weeks ago. It was only because someone found a case in the warehouse while doing inventory and I was in the right place at the right time. My local walmart says somehow people appear like flies on sugar whenever they get a shipment.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!