iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

22 point buck!

Started by Buzz-sawyer, November 28, 2004, 04:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

Though you guys might like to see this 22 pnt buck taken in my area...was killed by my nephews friend on thier farm.

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Ron Scott

A nice trophy! Some nice bucks there in Illinois.
~Ron

EZ

I'd have never shot him cause I would have thought it was just a tree standing there. :D :D
Nice deer, congrats to the person.
EZ

Norm

Nice rack! Looks like an old buck.

Timber_Framer

That is a nice looking deer and like Norm said fairly old for a deer.
I was reading some statistics published my the Minnesota DNR, and according to them only 8% of all the deer registered in MN last season were over 3 1/2 years old. So a four year old is an old timer ;)
Also once a deer reaches a certain age (5 to 7) his rack starts to diminish each season so that the younger stronger bucks do the majority of the breeding.
That guy in the pics is in his prime.
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Fla._Deadheader

:o  I wasn't aware that the deer HAD to register to live in Mn. ??? ::) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Timber_Framer

:D In our part of the woods they are illegal aliens. These woods were once only populated by Moose and Woodland Caribou. The deer followed the loggers who took most all of the virgin timber around the turn of the century and once this area reseeded mostly with aspen, white pine and white cedar all of which whitetails think is candy they moved in. Whitetails carry brain worm a parasite that while it doesn't effect the deer at all killed off all of the caribou and many of the moose so now we are overrun with those hoofed jackrabbits. So they must register or face deportantion at the end of a 30.06 ;D
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

WV_hillbilly

That's a tremendous buck .  They grow in Ohio like that too . I have seen them but never got one anywhere near that size .
Hillbilly

Buzz-sawyer

I could hunt that farm if I wanted to....they killed several deer near that good this year also........
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Loggerbabe

Wowee!  That's a HUGE rack!  I wish they grew that big out here in my neck of the woods.  A neighbor's got a huge bunch of mulies (at least 50) in part of his cropland.  I saw a couple of two-pointers the other day when I drove by.  They had some nice spreads for racks that size.  
Rodney Carrington is a GENIUS!

Buzz-sawyer

Welcome to the forum
I have been to your area near La Grande....and you all have some REALLY big deer .those elk! Those are the big guys..have you ever been over to Lagrande area?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Loggerbabe

Buzz-sawyer:  LaGrande is just down the road from me.  About a 40 min. drive.  Thanks for the compliment on big game.  Some day I'm going to bag a trophy.
Rodney Carrington is a GENIUS!

Thank You Sponsors!