iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New tool box occupant

Started by NWwoodsman, June 02, 2010, 08:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWwoodsman

Had my drive chain come off the other day when I was milling some cedar. My master link keeper clip was lost in the sawdust. So order a couple more but I didn't have a spare one. So what to do ? Super glued the link back together and I still haven't changed it out, cut over 2000 bft on two different jobs. I have a couple of spares now, but hey it's about getting the most out of every part. Super Glue is amazing and has made it in my sawmills tool box from here on out.
Jason

Magicman

Get prepared.  That clip will not be the last thing that you will loose.

I carry one of these.  It finds lost stuff in the sawdust.   ;)

It also helps when hitching up, alone.

You can center the hitch perfectly.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

T Red

Genius Magicman!

With a little modification or practice it would be easy to not only center the ball from left to right but also front to back.  I get so tired of getting out of the truck to check the distance to the ball. 
Tim

Busy Beaver Lumber

Magicman

That is one heck on an idea on how to line up the trailer. I have already picked one of them up and stuck it in the back of the truck. I am going to use it in a slightly different manner. My 3500 chevy one ton sits up pretty high and when I go to back up with my  log splitter attached, I can not see the log splitter at all until I am darn near jack-knifed in one direction or the other. Now I can just stick this on the back of the log splitter and back it up with great ease and accuracy. Thanks for the good idea
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

bandmiller2

Don't forget a handfull of wire ties in the box.Frank c.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

captain_crunch

We have a couple straight ones to set on Gooseneck ball when you knock it off you are set to hook up ;D
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!