iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Forestry Forum Support Auction

Started by Jeff, December 10, 2008, 06:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This item here was donated by my friend Lou in da U.P. for auction. There may not be many, if any, outside of what his family possesses, and the two he has given me, one to keep, and one to auction.

Lou's dad was the inventor of a Fishing Lure called the Kurtis Katchall.  This is an auction for a dealer card that was made up to be displayed at fishing tackle and sporting good stores in the late 60's early 70's.  Lou still sells a few of the new "old stock" lures to collectors that was left from his dad's inventory.  He has never before released one of these dealer cards.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270316073157

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

That is really cool.  :)  The winner should printout all the history given at the auction site and keep it all together.

Jeff

I'm going up to Lou's and the cabin tomorrow with my brother-in-law to mussel load for two days, then close the cabin up for the winter. I'll talk him into supplying one of the lures to go with the card if a Forum Member buys it. 

I dont think I mentioned in the listing that the Katchall is included in the Commercial Fish Decoys Identification and Value Guide Collectible Decoys and Implements Used in the Sport of Ice Spear Fishing by Frank R. Baron.

http://www.amazon.com/Commercial-Fish-Decoys-Identification-Collectible/dp/1574322672

beenthere

Jeff
Where you get the mussels to load, and how many do you plan to load??
Are they the zebra mussel that is causing the concern in the Great Lakes?

Must have some good recipes for them to spend two days loading 'em up.  ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

We get em from Wisconsin. We load em with brats and cheese and let em ferment down in da two holer for da winter. Then we ship em back over there and they sell em at Copp's Food Center to the locals to munch on during da packer losses.

Mooseherder

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

isawlogs

Quote from: Jeff on December 10, 2008, 07:28:15 PM
We get em from Wisconsin. We load em with brats and cheese and let em ferment down in da two holer for da winter. Then we ship em back over there and they sell em at Copp’s Food Center to the locals to munch on during da packer losses.

Its been a while since I had to seriously scratch my head , read , re-read then read it all over again to understand the meaning of a post , I got it  ;D 8)   Let's just saye ifin I was at Beenthere's, I should, might pass on the edibles during the duration of the game .  :-X   :D :D :D

Usualy its Tom or DanG that get me to scratching the coconut ... But its been a while since you've beenthere ,.....  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

isawlogs

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 11, 2008, 08:24:09 AM
Hiccups :D

Oh !!!!!  Sometimes its ahell of lot more then hick-ups .....  :D  :D ::)

Only need ask Pampers Pampered  Tom ... Those little one letter difference can through one off right quick   :o  Get ya in trouble tooo  ::) :D 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

I do have a Kurtis Katchall Lure now to include if a forum member wind this auction.

Warbird

Warbird

Warbird

Jeff

Looks like we had a Forum member win this auction!  The dealer card and a bonus vintage kurtis-katchall goes in the mail tomorrow.  Thanks for the support everybody! :)

Warbird

tcsmpsi

I gave you ample opportunity to up your ante.   ;D

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Warbird

Well, the Mrs and I are starting a family in the next year or so and are transitioning to a single income.  I bid what I could and am glad something with so much history went to a forum member.  Congrats again.  :)

tcsmpsi

It is destined to go up in the shop, along with its lure.   

Congratulations on starting the family.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Norm

My son's wife is a stay at home mom Warbird. You'll never regret for a moment tightening the budget to be able for her to do the same. :)

Warbird

Thanks guys.  We are both really looking forward to it.  Her last day at the job is 12/24.  It is a huge blessing for us to be able to do this and we view this as sort of a Christmas gift this year.  :)

tcsmpsi, post some pics once you get it situated in the shop?

tcsmpsi

I hadn't forgotten, Warbird.  Time and resources.

Here it is at its new home.

Warbird

Heh.  That is pretty neat.  Thanks for the pic!

Thank You Sponsors!