iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northeastern Forest Products Equipment Expo,Bangor ME

Started by thecfarm, February 14, 2009, 04:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Was a great time as always.I went with 2 guys from work.One went with me 2 years ago,but the other has never been to a show like this.He really enjoyed it and asked a lot of questions.Not quite as many vendors this year.The last time they had to set up a tent beside the Expo building and had some out there.
Outside Baker sawmill did not make it.But Mobile Dimension was there all the way from OR.They was not they 2 years ago.That is quite the saw to see run.No swing mills was there.I wanted the new guy to see one run.Woodmizer,Hudson and Thomas sawmills was the only ones there.I hope I did not leave any out.
More big chippers were there.Three differant kinds were grinding and making noise.There was a couple small shaving mills being used on the grounds.
I saw and met the Pelliters from American Logger.They had a truck there and a tent.
There was skidders and forwarders,trucks,trailers,loaders delimbers,and more.Chainsaw all over the place.Not many local dealers from Maine.Seems like the chainsaw dealers were all from out of state.I suppose you have to comment to the shows,just can't do one show.
Glad to see Kevin form Logrite,Mad Dog,Jim Rogers and another Jim.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Brad_S.

I went with a fellow worker who cuts his own firewood but had never seen equipment like a processor. As you can image, he was blown away. And although we work in areas of the woods that have been clear cut, he had never seen a whole tree chipper in action. I have to admit that I too was impressed when the machine chipped a 3 forked, 50' long, 20" diameter based tree with no problem. :D I was disappointed in the low sawmill turnout but felt the show was worth the drive and admission price.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

thecfarm

Also when I went 2 years ago there was a lot of outdoor furnaces there for the home owner.I only saw a couple there this year.The show really helped me make up my mind that much more on what to buy.I kinda felt this year was geared more for the big guys and not the home owner,but you can't force the vendors to come there.I still had a great time and looking forward to the show in 2011 all ready.
Also no Super Splitter this year.At the last show it run with an electric motor.Seemed odd to see it split with no noise.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MaddiesDad

Quote from: Brad_S. on May 03, 2009, 09:39:55 AM
I went with a fellow worker who cuts his own firewood but had never seen equipment like a processor. As you can image, he was blown away. And although we work in areas of the woods that have been clear cut, he had never seen a whole tree chipper in action. I have to admit that I too was impressed when the machine chipped a 3 forked, 50' long, 20" diameter based tree with no problem. :D I was disappointed in the low sawmill turnout but felt the show was worth the drive and admission price.
If you sign up online ahead of time it's free.  That or call/email someone whos gonna be there as they get some free tickets.

Brad_S.

I didn't expect to be in Maine at the time, just a happy coincidence, so I didn't have a chance to pre-register.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

SwampDonkey

My firewood guy was there with his brother. He wanted to see those chippers. He came Friday night with wood and said he was on his way Saturday morning. He has a firewood processor, I don't know where they bought it, but it was expensive. I've seen it, can't remember the brand. His brother is a union man, so nothing but the best you know. At the time of purchase the kraft pulp mill had shut down and they were partnering in the wood business I think. But the mill was purchased by another company and he went back to the mill.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Maineloggerkid

I loved it. I was there on Saturday. The chipper was impressive. I hadn't seen a bandit chipper that big before. I picked up a flyer on the Tajfun firewood processor, but at $22,000 I can wait a while. I also got some info on the Berfor Forcat. A whopping $39,000 can get you one with no accesories. There was a crowd of us listening, and when he said the price, we all scattered like ants.

I met neslrite, and he seems like a real nice guy. Some one you can have a serious talk with over coffee.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

thecfarm

We all got the same expressions at the last show.That was just about the last row we went too.I wanted to ask the price,I forgot how much,but he was talking to someone.We did not stick around.I knew it was a waste of time.Nice machine,but no where knew worth the money for what you get.
I looked and talked to them about the log trailers.I could use one.But I look at the $16K ones.I really need a good size one to do what I want.I want to haul rocks with it too.Been looking at older small forwarders too.At this time it's not in the budget.

Thank You Sponsors!