iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log deck and green chain

Started by PAmizerman, February 24, 2019, 12:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAmizerman

So I've been pondering the idea of making a log deck and green chain. I want a powered log deck. Has anyone made one? What size chain did you use? Where can I buy the chains and sprockets to make my own? Thanks
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Bill_G.

With all the sawmill auctions you should be able to find some . They are much cheaper to buy at auction then the cost of building one.

Ron Wenrich

We had a green chain that was factory built.  But, you could quite easily build it yourself.  The chain was just regular chain like they use for logging or chaining down loads on a truck.  This particular setup was to run it in a piece of angle iron set like a V.  On the top, they put a piece of flat steel on each side so the edge of the chain was through to support the wood.  I imagine you can get a sprocket for that chain at a farm equipment dealer.  

I've also seen guys use a flat chain like they use in dust drags.  They won't put up with heavy loads or shock loads (like throwing a timber down on it).  

For a log deck, I had a deck made by Jackson Lbr Harvester.  It was a 2 strand deck and had 2 hydraulic motors on it.  It was a simple build.  The chain was an offset chain that had some high rollers.  It was set in a piece of channel iron on an I beam.  The chain would actually pull cants in faster than the chain traveled due to the high rollers.  I filled had the deck filled with 23' switch tie logs, and it pulled them in fine.  

Sometimes buying used is more cost effective vs building your own.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

redbeard

Glad you posted this thread PA
We're in same boat looking for ideas for handling slabs, flitches and boards.
Studying Utube there's alot of ideas if you search " sawmill contraptions"
If you wanna see home built.
Ran across a few ideas where a powered roller deck had spirals wrapped around rollers so when material was dragged back from mill and onto roller deck when it hit a back stop it would go sideways.
Tried posting a video of a Baker and minor edger set up that had this couldn't share it.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

YellowHammer

I'm in the same boat. I need powered conveyors for flitches and slabs.

I bought some used, actually they were overly used, unfortunately I never have time to get them operational. 

I visited Baker and among other things. watched their specialty two man operation in person. It's on YouTube. Amazing setup but heart attack expensive.  But wow.  These two guys get paid for production and they push the wood out. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

moodnacreek

In the past 10 years I have done both, most recently a Mellot  log deck [stop and load, 3 strand]. This one came from an auction and as suggested you should watch for these.  This log deck was a lot of work to install because I put a floor in it and steel skirting on 3 sides plus I matched it to the wood deck around the log turner. Day after of confusion; cutting short 6x8 box beams with a sawsall. Well worth the labor as cleaning up is a breeze and very little gets underneath. My present green chain is a 4 strand log deck, 12x20' converted to lumber use. This was another auction item.  The old green chain is now the edger deck. This was my first deck made from a self unloading silage wagon; 67 chain, 3 strands in 4" locust lined channel iron, 60 to 1 gear box, 1 hp electric.  Although built lite and cheap this little [11x12'] has done a lot of work. We used to load it so heavy, as much as 3000 bd. ft. we had to start it with a pipe wrench. The main shaft was 2" pipe because that's what the sprockets fit. You can cut your own sprockets for 78 chain with a torch and if you build a heavy deck this is the chain to use.

dustintheblood

Made my own....  love it!

This pic was just before we did all the other installs of support equipment.  It feeds a firewood processer (right side of photo).  The sawmill log deck is static and removable to allow me to quickly get it out of the way to load the biggun logs with the forklift.

Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

dustintheblood

Here's a better, more recent shot. 

Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

PAmizerman

I have been to several auctions so far. I'll the log decks went for over $3k. And I knew I still had to pay to get them out and delivered yet. 

@YellowHammer  I have watched the baker video probably 100 times already :D
That is the setup I am most interested in trying to duplicate. I saw LOTS of hemlock. Mostly siding. So efficiency is key to making money. I don't get into any of the high dollar stuff :'(

I already have a couple roller tables.
I also figured out the inner workings of the dump tables. I already have the air solenoids, lines and all the fittings. 
I bought an air cylinder and played with it last year to make sure it would work.

Now all I need is to save enough money to be able to move to the new property and put up a HUGE building :D

Oh yeah and see what I can do about the log deck and green chains. 
Thanks for the input so far. Keep em coming.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

@dustintheblood that's exactly what I was looking for! What size chain did you use?
Is that powered by electric? Did you use a pulley to slow it down or find a motor with a gearbox?
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

Ron Wenrich

You'll find that flat belt conveyors work much better for flitches and slabs than a roller deck.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

longtime lurker

Personally I think that if you're doing a flat deck the stop and load is more important than the deck that feeds it. I ran a long time with a good hydraulic stop and load and a declined dead deck and never really had any problems with it at all much. The other thing with a well positioned stop and load is that the arms (subject to mill design) will function quite nicely as a cant storage area for stuff that has to come back to resaw.

The best live log decks I've seen all had an incline on them, and ran heavy chain with lugs on it: the uphill run works as a singulator.

Get your reduction using a chain drive and cog sizes... loaded log decks get heavy and belts will slip and gearboxes are added complexity. KISS and all that.

Speaking of uphill runs and singulators I've recently looked at a setup that had steep skids down off the headsaw outfeed then an uphill greenchain to the resaw. The valley formed served as a surge deck..... realistically it put  the capacity of a 20' greenchain into a 8' lateral space. So simple, why didn't I think of that?

Just a couple of thoughts.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

dustintheblood

Quote from: PAmizerman on February 24, 2019, 04:28:40 PM
@dustintheblood that's exactly what I was looking for! What size chain did you use?
Is that powered by electric? Did you use a pulley to slow it down or find a motor with a gearbox?
I'll get you specs and more pics later today.
It's driven by hydraulic motor (pump's on the firewood processor).  Belt from pump to gear reduction, roller chain from gear reduction to main sprockets.
Best thing I did was to use the nylon channel for the chain.  I can over load it and it just slides so easy.

PAmizerman

This is the system I saw that I think will work good for what I do. With a few minor changes. 
Baker Dominator Band Sawmill & reverse edger in action - YouTube

It incorporates everything you guys mentioned. Flat belts, inclines, stop and load. I already have the flat belt conveyors
(Auction find) and a dust blower.
I would love to have a stop and load but don't know if I can afford one.

I work alone all the time.
Here is my most recent brainstorm

I found a green chain and log deck for sale that's not too far from me. The log deck doesn't have the stop and load though.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

YellowHammer

That's the system we looked at.  Two guys, all day, and every day, cranking out pallet after pallet of wood.  
YellowHammerisms:

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

longtime lurker

Rather than the incline sorting here we use what we call a wiper bar: its a horizontal bar that travels left/right across the top of the rollcase and basicly wipes it clean pushing everything ahead of it sideways. Kind of like a linebar but used as a sort mechanism.
Upside is they are quick and easy to fabricate, and as fast as your air/hydraulic piston driving it can go. Downside is you need to think about whats going where so its positioned on the correct side before the material gets to it.

I dont have one myself but I'll see if I can find some pics of one working.

Try this for a simple and easy to build singulator if you had a hyd mill and wanted to still use the loader arms as opposed to building a full stop and load. Ignore the mill - decent enough mill but the guy dont know how to use it - but you get a good look at the singulator right at the start and around the 3.30 mark. That would be so easy to build at the end of a log deck, and with a bit of thought you could probably integrate it with the entire drive shaft for the feed chains so it all went around together off one motor.

Laimet 120 DEMO - YouTube
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

PAmizerman

Now we're getting the creative thinking going. Thanks @longtime lurker 
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

longtime lurker

Yup... Pretty much just like that.... Left right or straight ahead.

redbeard

This is the spiral or screw rollers that I am thinking of doing too this old Shurman transfer deck I picked up.
It looks like they are using rope for the spiral not sure how long that would last. My rollers are 6" diameter and heavy walled so it would be easy too tack small diameter rebar coiled on a lay out, My thinking is too spiral too opposite sides so I could have a left and right side discharge and automated stop on end too raise n lower too let boards keep on going. I wished the chain transfer could be brought back too life but 60 years outside has rusted them beyond restoration. I plan on removing all of those and just use the power rollers with the spirals. The stops at end will probably have to be another roller that is spiraled like the bed rollers so it will transfer the end of board evenly.
Here's the Baker video with idea of spiral transfer.Baker Blue Streak with Miner Edger and 80ft of Green chain - YouTube
And a pic of my 1956 Shurman transfer deck it's 5' wide rollers and 20' long just picture spirals going too left and right sides with a divider in middle. Hopefully I can make this work too separate the three cuts firewood slabs
Flitches
Boards

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

moodnacreek

It,s not that hard to 'wind' your own spiral rollers. We used 3/8" steel hex rods. Two people and a welder, 6"+- steel roller, mounted with a 'wrench' to crank it around as you tack the thread on about 4" pitch.  Sprial rolls don't work well with strips or even 2x4 if the table is open sided.

YellowHammer

What does the wiper bar mechanism look like?  I think I can visualize it but why reinvent the wheel?
YellowHammerisms:

moodnacreek

A wiper bar? Are you guys trying to trick me?  It's called a sweep bar up here but it is a wiper. I built one on my edger out feed, works off a automatic log splitter valve rigged up to a foot pedal.  Sweeps the board over on a table. When the last press roll drops you step on the pedal. 2 slotted vert. arms mounted on a long shaft on the floor protrude up thru slots in the outfeed table. A long [as the table] beam lays on the edge of the table with pins on both ends that fit in the arm slots. A small cylinder drives the slotted arms across and bottoms out the auto valve that shifts the other spool to return the beam to the edge and said valve pops in neutral waiting for another board and your foot.

PAmizerman

@Red Beard  I saw that set up but since I work alone I don't think it would work very effectively for me. I need a place for slabs to accumulate. I'm hoping to only have to move to the edger once or twice a day. The spiral rules seem to have more hangups also than a sweep or popup table.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

longtime lurker

The following video shows a linebar working. I'd expect  a wiper bar to be set up like that except that the rams would get set up lower under the rollcase. By setting them low you can go either straight ahead down the rollcase, push (in that video) left.... but you can also set the bar left and pull material back to the right hand side over where those rams are placed. And air rams rather than hydraulic - they need to move fast.

A.E. Gibson Multisaw - YouTube

What I love is the simplicity compared to tilt tables, and I suspect it will outlive them a while too because there's not much there to wear out... couple cylinders and some bearings or teflon blocks.

PAmizerman

That just might be doable say_what
It would take less steel and air cylinders.
It would also shove everything straight off without it getting catywompus.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

@Percy could you take some close up pics of your kickers for us? What did you use in the way air cylinders and how are they attached? 
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

Percy

Quote from: PAmizerman on February 26, 2019, 11:43:39 PM
@Percy could you take some close up pics of your kickers for us? What did you use in the way air cylinders and how are they attached?
Sure.  I'll do that tomorrow.(pics)
 My stuff is pretty crude but it works well.  The air cylinders are 80mm x 500 mm. There are two for each wiper. Rough math tells me they push near 1000 lbs at 120 Psi. The motion of my wiper is an arc as the whole abortion pivots on two vertical shafts about 8 feet apart. Pics coming....?
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Percy

OK Here is a short video I made today....Im not the best speaker/splainer so...

Show Me for PAmizerman - YouTube

THe business end of the air cylinder

Different shot of the same thing

This is the arm that goes to the wiper itself...

The anchor end of the cylinder.....made outta old fine adjust outriggers offa the LT70
The rod you see going over the cylinder is a link(tie rod) from both wiper pivots. If I had built this completely out of metal, it probably wouldnt be needed.

THis is a Jake switch off an old log truck. It has three connections, ground, normaly open and normaly closed...With a little pondering, and some household light switches and a battery, you can power the 12 controlled  volt air switches so the wiper can be a two way thing...

Ask me any questions about this and Ill do my best....

Southside

Percy - on the mud flap how did you set it so flitches would pass by even though they push the flap?  Would 2"  - or whatever size the flap is set for - always trip the flap and under that will pass by?  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Percy

Quote from: Southside logger on February 27, 2019, 09:52:09 PM
Percy - on the mud flap how did you set it so flitches would pass by even though they push the flap?  Would 2"  - or whatever size the flap is set for - always trip the flap and under that will pass by?  
I wired it all to a control panel at my remote station. I can switych on for left, or right or strait thru.....if I remember...heh...There was a learning curve.....I have it set very sensitive as my ajustable activator is a piece of licence plate... :D

Southside

Ahhh - That makes sense, must be quite the pile of wires running back and forth!!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

PAmizerman

Thanks Percy that video really helped me understand a lot better. Thanks for taking the time to do it!!
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

YellowHammer

Thanks for posting the videos and the explanation.  
YellowHammerisms:

Percy

Quote from: Southside logger on February 27, 2019, 10:41:53 PM
Ahhh - That makes sense, must be quite the pile of wires running back and forth!!  
Actually, its not as many as you think. I have two separate wipers, the two way one I showed in the vid and another  farther down the roll case that only goes one way. The whole system is done with a 7 wire log trailer chord. And three householed light switches with enclosure(Ill take a pic today). One of the light switches is the one with the extra terminal. You could use a simpler switch at the mudflap and a bosch type 5 pin relay and get the same results. I was worried that after 60 feet from the battery, the electric over air switches might not function properly....but they work fine. 

Percy

Quote from: PAmizerman on February 27, 2019, 11:14:06 PM
Thanks Percy that video really helped me understand a lot better. Thanks for taking the time to do it!!
Quote from: YellowHammer on February 28, 2019, 07:02:30 AM
Thanks for posting the videos and the explanation.  

No problem. I have more fun building this stuff than milling....Sometimes I build stuff that dont need building ;D...but this system is a time saver for me. I cut alot of bridge timbers (8x10x16, 3x10x16,10x10 etc). I can load up the log deck, and cut maybe 2000 bdft of afforementioned stuff before I have to leave the operator station, cept for rolling logs into loader. Cutting smaller works well too. 8 footers are my least favorite and 10s can be a pain too.I need to modify my output conveyor with a roller of sorts to assist with this. The super LT70 and WM4500 have way more return speed than my old coffin dodger 2003 LT70 which gives the dragged back piece more inertia avoiding this minor hangup....

PAmizerman

@Percy  so where the swing arm bolts up through the wiper, that is the only attachment point? Do you have a piece of plate steel welded to the arm then attached to the wooden wiper? 
What keeps the wiper from pivoting on the bolt that runs up through it?
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

Percy

Quote from: PAmizerman on February 28, 2019, 09:13:48 PM
@Percy  so where the swing arm bolts up through the wiper, that is the only attachment point? Do you have a piece of plate steel welded to the arm then attached to the wooden wiper?
What keeps the wiper from pivoting on the bolt that runs up through it?
There is pretty much an identical scenario to the one shown here but at the opposite end of the wiper..  If the distance between the center of each pivot is 8 feet(cant remember exactly), then the holes in your wiper where it sets on the end of the swingarm should be the same. If you notice in the pics, the piece that the business end of the air cylinder hooks up to goes past the center of the pivot. What you dont see is a 3/4 inch metal rod that goes to the other identical setup. So I have the wiper as a link between both setups and this metal rod. My wiper just sits on a 3/4 inch bolt welded to the end of the swingarm. A washer is welded at the appropriate height to keep the wiper from rubbing on the rollers etc. The distances from from center of pivot to center of wiper bolt is important as is the distances for the extra rod I have. The reason I added the extra rod was to keep everything in line when most of the wiper push is at one end for whatever reason..If you build out of steel and use bushings at all pivots and accurate measurments, and built nice and beefy, you would not need that extra rod I speak of.... I hope I answered your question... :D

PAmizerman

I believe I understand. So there are two cylinders on each wiper? That makes more sense.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

I reread that again. So only one cylinder per wiper but hooked to another pivot point to keep everything swinging semi parallel to the roll case?
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

Percy

Two cylinders per wiper. Ima lousy splainer bear with me 😳

Percy

You seem pretty articulate. Let me know what you need to see and I'll take pics of it

PAmizerman

I'm not very good at visualizing. I do good with pics and hands on. I think I got it now! It's also been a long day :D. My brain shut down for the day! Thanks Percy
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

Percy

My drawing skills approach my ability to explain properly....Maybe it will help...this is top view

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

PAmizerman

Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

@Percy do you need both cylinders to function properly?
 Or do you have two just to move the really heavy stuff?
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Percy

Quote from: PAmizerman on March 01, 2019, 07:59:15 PM
@Percy do you need both cylinders to function properly?
Or do you have two just to move the really heavy stuff?
My math tells me that each cylinder push about 1000 lbs at around 120
Psi so that would equal 2000 pounds. But the  cylinder stroke is just under 20 Inches and the wiper moves nearly 30 inches so it is over driven by about 30 %. So I'm guessing 1400 lbs push at the wiper bar. I push 16 foot 10x10 off no problem but the arc of the wiper and the action of the rollers  makes it work quite well. 

twobears

can anybody tell me a good place to buy air cylinders? I,am having a tough time finding the bigger cylinders at a reasonable price or even finding them at all...thanks

Crusarius

can always get them from mcmaster. I am sure ebay has them cheap. as for longevity your guess is good as mine.

The prices on mcmaster actually seem pretty cheap to me. a 3/4" shaft 10" stroke cylinder for $52

oops just found the correct ones. $250+ that seems more like it.

twobears

ya from what i've seen the cylinders we would need are in the $250/$300 range each.i've looked in alot of places.i was hoping you folks knew of a cheaper place.i need several for what I have planned.

nativewolf

@Percy man that is a nice explanation.  I might suggest that anyone wanting to see the saw conveyor wiper/kicker etc in work should check out your youtube videos.  You have a nice video of the whole chain working along and kicking slabs, boards, etc. Thanks again!

Ok, watched the embedded video as well...now I see how you powered the whole roller outfeed.  neat.  Might try to copy some of that thunking.
Liking Walnut

Stuart Caruk

I went to a sawmill auction and bought a 14' long 5 strand set of green chain that I wanted to use  as an infeed log deck. I paid $300 for it. Riggers wanted $750 to remove it, but since I had the right skills and insurance I went in and cut it out myself. Interestingly anything in the line of a transfer chain, green chain, log deck, etc was running at least $3000 for a small section IF it was located where it was easy to get out with a forklift. Mine was in the bowels of the building, a royal PITA to remove, but by simply waiting until stuff around it was removed life was easy. I cut 2 strands off and kept the rest intact for my deck. The blue parts were the deck I bought at the auction.

I had some 1/4" walled 10" tubing lying around, so I built a solid base to support it after pouring a concrete pad.

Since I own a fab shop, I flame cut some stop loader arms and bought some cylinders from northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company to power them, working out the geometry in a CAD system.

It's powered by a spare LT40 hydraulic pump / valve assembly a buddy gave me. It easilly loads 21' long 36" diameter logs, but I mostly load it with 12- 14' logs that are destined for siding. It makes the work go fast, and when I'm out of logs, I quit for the day.

Total cost including concrete and travel time is about $1750. Money well spent in my book.  I found a place locally where I can buy surplus #78 chain for about $3 a foot, then realized it's not much more to buy it brand new. It runs just fine on flame cut sprockets. I've built a small deck to feed my wifes SkidSteer firewood processor. Simple stuff to put together.

They have loads of #78 chain used that sells for around $3 per foot, and some oregon turns (basically 4" channel bent into a U shpae to turn the chain around at the far end. The sprockets used to drive the chain are simpl flame cut and welded affairs.

Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

moodnacreek

I have almost the same thing as the above stop and load that I built. But it is not on the log deck, it is along side the board out feed and loads the green chain.

PAmizerman

I have not looked into purchasing air cylinders yet but I'm getting close. Maybe this winter. Following
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

I have watched Percy's videos several times and messaged him as well. Thanks for the info @Percy . I'm sure I'll be bugging you more when I finally get into the building phase.

Nice work @Stuart Caruk 

Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

nativewolf

though he hasn't been on so much since he got his circle saw @4x4American has a series of good videos where he describes his workflows and his changes in attempts to get to efficiency and $.  He had a wm 70 humming but went out and bought a circle saw.   @YellowHammer @Percy and @Stuart Caruk and @4x4American have either exhaustively documented their process and reasoning (very helpful) or they have videos or both.  Not only good greenchain/log deck ideas but also overall workflow.

Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!