iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New (to me) forklift

Started by bushhog920, June 29, 2019, 12:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushhog920

Just got a moffett forklift and loving it. They are great around a small mill tight turning, rough surface, 8' wide and very stable. With the retractable mast can really get in tight places. 

xlogger

congrats on the forklift, Thursday I went to a dealer and got a used 2000 Princeton. They are doing a few small repairs and I should get it next week. Tom on here has one and after talking to him a few times I decided on getting one. I just hope the 5000# lift will be good enough. Sometimes I get some large logs to slab up.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Bruno of NH

I have seen these type of lifts move some heavy loads on job sites for years.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WV Sawmiller

Bushog,

You are probably mistaken and now realize you don't really like that forklift after all. I will be glad to pick it up and get it out of your way the next time I come that way to visit my Mom in N. Fla. Just let me know which exit off I-65 you want me to meet at.

BTW - did I say I was just a little envious. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on June 29, 2019, 08:49:39 AM
Bushog,

You are probably mistaken and now realize you don't really like that forklift after all. I will be glad to pick it up and get it out of your way the next time I come that way to visit my Mom in N. Fla. Just let me know which exit off I-65 you want me to meet at.
See, this is what I like about the FF, everybody is SO helpful and considerate!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

moodnacreek

The only thing better than a forklift is 2 of them.

bushhog920

Xlogger inspect the frame rails on the princeton I passed up on a 7k lbs model I really liked because the rear roller on the mast when overloaded will bend the frame upward and open up the slot it rides in. Looked at a 5k lbs model and had the same problem to. Thank you for all the support really excited this feels like a big step forward.

KenMac

Quote from: bushhog920 on June 29, 2019, 12:34:18 AM
Just got a moffett forklift and loving it. They are great around a small mill tight turning, rough surface, 8' wide and very stable. With the retractable mast can really get in tight places.  

I have found out that, as most say, moving logs and lumber is the hardest part of sawmilling! That looks like a good answer to that problem. What is the capacity and what does the machine weigh?
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

bushhog920

Kenmac the m5500 is rated at 5500lbs with mast forward and stabilizers down, 2000lbs with stabilizers up and mast forward that is one down side you can't move it with mast forward with heavy load. The plus side is without a big counterweight it is 5800lbs that's half the weight of most 5000lbs forklifts.

Tom the Sawyer

bushhog920, how would it load itself on the back of a trailer?  If it weighs 5800 lbs. and is only rated to lift 5500 lbs.  My Princeton is rated to lift 5000 lbs. and only weighs 4700.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

xlogger

How's the forklift doing for you? What about it do you like most or dislike? They called me yesterday and said it would be next week before I could get my Prineston. I have a bobcat but really miss not having my forklift.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

bushhog920

Only dislike is the high mast my shop is 9' at the eave have to watch it when not in center of the shop and you have to have it parked in the right spot before you advance the mast when the stabilizers are down.  Maneuverability is perfect working in a 40'x100' pole barn no regrets. Using it

a lot more than my bobcat much easier to get in/out of and doesn't tear the ground up.

xlogger

Got my Prineston today, didn't get much time to use it (play). The mask doesn't tilt as much as I would like to role logs off and I cut mostly 8ft logs. With the wheel base on it is 8ft and the center back wheel it makes picking up logs that I stack with my bobcat (different wheel base) with the grapple to stage logs on runners on ground difficult.
I'll figure something out on that but do like how it turns.  

Thank You Sponsors!