iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cap Racks

Started by Phorester, March 01, 2010, 11:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phorester

Finally figured out how to display my 100 or so caps.  Racks are of pine with 'doll pins" inserted to hold caps.

4 single row racks

18 caps go on this one

Part of'em

Texas Ranger

PM me an address, you don't have a Texas cap.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Phorester

Will do. Thankee Don.

SwampDonkey

You wouldn't be a collector of caps would ya? ;)  :D

A neighbor up the road from my grandparents always collected caps as well.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Phorester

A collector more by default than design. 

People would just give them to me, some are old DOF hats, some are for attending and/or volunteering at events, etc. I just kept them all over the decades.  I threw out about half dozen that just dry rotted. Several are of major Virginia forest industries that have gone out of business. Maybe they'll be collectors items in 50 years.   ;D 

rickywashere

i was doing that about 12 years ago had my collection up about 30 different cowboys caps and  and many diff. logging and trucking company hats noticed they started slowly disappearing and one day got home early . found out wife had been feeding them to the rott pup to cut his teeth on so after a long talk with her got rid of my hats and now just get them as i use them ......

but anyway nice hat display love the vt one   

SwampDonkey

Quote from: rickywashere on March 03, 2010, 12:17:22 AM
but anyway nice hat display love the vt one  

Gave my uncle one just like it and I have a white one. ;D Bought them down in Christiansburgh, took the bus from the college. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!