iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2019

Started by customsawyer, February 03, 2019, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

sounds great,  Thanks Doc Gene and CS.  Looking forward to it.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

E-Tex

I'm in both days.  #27 I think.
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

customsawyer

Sounds great Gene. I do have a printer in my office too if we need it that day. Since I just bought another Delmhorst meter yesterday I think I should qualify for some kind of door prize.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

K-Guy

Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

YellowHammer

I've got Delmhorst on my Amazon Quick buy page.   :D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

customsawyer

I sent it back for repairs. When it came back it only worked a couple of times and I'm having to send it back again. They said they would take care of it but I went ahead and ordered another one since my kiln don't get to come up for air very often. This way when I have to send one back I have a backup.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nomad

Happy Birthday, Robert!  Shari and Buddy will be attending this year, so I guess the count is 29 now.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

caveman

The count is now at 31.  Jmoore and I plan to attend.  
Caveman

DR Buck

Jake   I'm planning on making it down as well.     I don't think the wife is interested in coming so I may ride the Spyder down and stay at a hotel, or may bring my camper.  I'll need to decide.   What's the situation on nearby campsites?   

I think the count is now at 32.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

customsawyer

The ones that bring campers normally just camp in the yard. We might have to get creative on where we park them all if a bunch show up but there should be plenty of room.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

YellowHammer

Nomad, thanks.  It will be good to see you, and all the others this year.  Lots of new faces too.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

K-Guy

Is the couch in the living room taken? :D :)
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Mossy Chariot

I hope you guys don't mind a new guy crashing the party.  I have been learning soooo much on this forum during the last few months and am sure I can learn much more in person.  The planned agenda fits my specific short term learning needs to a "T".  Planning to build a small DH kiln in the next few months based on Nyle's plans and knowledge gained from Nathan's video series and have really enjoyed the recent RRQS thread as QS is a planned focus of mine.  

Mark me down as number 33 if you don't mind for both days.  I look forward to shaking the hands of this tremendous knowledge base!

Tony B
Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

Quote from: K-Guy on February 15, 2019, 09:02:22 AM
Is the couch in the living room taken? :D :)

It does depend on who's asking.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

PatD and I are tentatively adding our names to the list which should bring the total to 35.  We don't exactly know what our schedule will be but no training for me.....well maybe potty training.  Hopefully we can park the 5th wheel somewhere on site.

Of course this means that Pat has to make Jake a Coconut Pie.  food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gdaddy01

two of us ronnie and kennese adkins

stanwelch

It looks like I'll make 38. Looking forward to seeing y'all.
Stan Welch
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

fishpharmer

I will be there!  39

My favorite event of the year 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

customsawyer

Quote from: Magicman on February 16, 2019, 07:06:50 PM
PatD and I are tentatively adding our names to the list which should bring the total to 35.  We don't exactly know what our schedule will be but no training for me.....well maybe potty training.  Hopefully we can park the 5th wheel somewhere on site.

Of course this means that Pat has to make Jake a Coconut Pie.  food6

Jake likes Coconut pie.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

I think K-Guy and Danny need to mud mud wrestle for the couch.
al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

.....well maybe potty training.  

I can build you a Potty Class Room.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on February 17, 2019, 11:18:11 AM
.....well maybe potty training.  

I can build you a Potty Class Room.  :D :D :D
No charge for the paperwork.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Just Right

JR and Adelli makes 41.  Got her talked into making a big ole pot of home made chicken and dumplin's.  Both days for us and 2 for Doc's class.  Unless Jake used all of my fire stater,  there should be some there already.  
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

Thank You Sponsors!