iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got me a hydraulic bath

Started by Banjo picker, October 17, 2019, 10:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

While I was unloading a load of logs this afternoon on of the hydraulic lines right in front of the cab blew and the fluid hit me right in the face.  I went to the house and threw my shirt and jeans in the trash before I came in and took a bath.  Will have to get a new hose in the morning.
Glad I wasn't over my trailer or had a log in the grapple at the time, because it folded like a house of cards right beside my trailer.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

sawguy21

:o Yikes!! That is never good especially if the oil is hot. I hope it was not driven into your skin.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Nebraska

They suck always...I a know a guy that lost most of his toes  on one foot to a tipped  skid loader bucket when a hose went. Glad all you lost was your britches.

mills

Dang it boy! Glad you're alright. 

Grapple hoses on the 518 come right up in the cab by the seat. Been thinking for years that I need to get them covered, but keep putting it off.

John Mc

On the bright side, at least it was a hydraulic bath, and not a hydraulic injection.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

starmac

I hate it when that happens. I had one blow on a double barrel terex scraper once and since I was turned looking at my pan, it hit me in the face. I had on a goose down coat, and I think you could see every soaked feather in it . lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Banjo picker

I should have replaced that hose when I did the others, but you know it didn't look that bad.

But it looks bad now.
Here is the result.

You can see where it dug a hole in the ground before it layed over.  It was good it blowed a big hole instead of a small one or I might have got the hydraulic injection.... the fluid had not got time to get too hot...just real warm.  Nothing a hundred dollar bill wouldn't fix if I don't count having to put another 5 or 10 gallon of fluid back in it.  It dropped it down to the add mark.  If it had hit that trailer I bet it would have bent the main beams on it.  Glad it didn't and like was said all I lost was my shirt and pants.   Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

starmac

Looks like you are lucky it didn't hit the trailer.
A couple of years ago the loader loading my truck busted a fitting off of the cylinder on top of the boom, it did not drop like that, but by the time he swung it away from my truck, and barely got it over the log deck it was out of oil. The mechanic was not happy as he had to put a ladder in the back of the service truck to get way up there to take the cylinder off. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Ed_K

Happy your ok. Like starmac I got a bath on a jd scraper. Steer cyl let go and covered my back didn't take me long to get stopped and rip my shirt off, I wear long sleeve shirts even when we lived in Tx. My back had big red welts on it for a week was hell to shower :(.
Ed K

Peter Drouin

Good, your ok.  Had that happen to me too.  [ bath ] ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!