iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Southern Blizzard

Started by Magicman, January 06, 2017, 07:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yes Blizzard.  It is a bone chilling 29° here and I just went out and built myself

A Snowman.  OK, it is more of a Sleetman, but it is still ice.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Hope it's all gone by high noon.
Going to be on the cold side here. But it's that time of year. Have to have the cold to get to the warmer temps.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tree-farmer

Western NC is getting 3 or 4 inches tonight. Got the scrape setup and ready to go in the am.
Its a mile of dirt road to get to the state road. To much fun...
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Just Me

It snowed in Texas a couple of times when I lived there. Funniest thing ever was watching Texans try to drive on snow. No clue.

warren46

There was a headline on Google News this morning "Charlotte Blizzard Fizzles."  Looking out my window the headline says it all.
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

Peter Drouin

Get the chains on your truck Magicman. :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

curdog

Seems like the storm was hit or miss, and luckily I got in hit area this time... got 6 inches here at the foot of the blue ridge 8) 8) :snowball:

Magicman

Clear blue sky and 19° here this morning and not forecast to get above freezing.  I'll only go out to get another stick of firewood.   fire_smiley

The forecast shows 50°'s at night and close to 70° throughout the coming week.  Now that is better for sure.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

I have muti sets of studded snows if you guys need them :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

I have a 4X4 truck and 4 chains but I will not be needing them.  The roads/streets are dry and I ain't leaving home anyway.   ;D

Gearbox

- 9 here this morning a heat wave . It was - 24 yesterday . The inside of the boiler is a nice white . 3 wheel barrow loads in the boiler yesterday .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

pineywoods

Quote from: Magicman on January 07, 2017, 08:24:49 AM
Clear blue sky and 19° here this morning and not forecast to get above freezing.  I'll only go out to get another stick of firewood.   fire_smiley

Same here, only problem is, the firewood is across the road in the barn.  >:(  I get all bundled up and go get a wheelbarrow load. That's enough for maybe 24 hours. ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Dave Shepard

I can get by with a bucket full of wood per day in these single digit temps.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

GRANITEstateMP

Dave, what happened to the roof of your wood boiler?  If I had one that looked like that it would be from me trying to get one more log "close" to the boiler with the excavator...  Not that I've ever done something like that  :-\
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

47sawdust

GranitestateMP,
Maybe Dave bought it at the "scratch and dent" sale.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Texas Ranger

Coldest day in 2 years, 20 degrees, and the power is out. Generator going and gas logs.  Toughing it out in Texas. ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

21incher

You southerners get 2 inches and they name the storm. Up here we get 3 feet and they just call it lake effect  snow  :D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

It's still 31° here but the sun is melting some of what is not in the shade.   I'll admit that I went to the mailbox twice.   :-\

Cedarman

Went to start the NH785 this morning and no start.  Was plugged in all night.  Got down to 2 degrees.  Did a little looky and saw that the cord wasn't plugged into the wall receptacle.  Called and reminded my son that electrons won't flow through an air gap except under extreme voltage.  Plugged in loader and put an external heater on also.  2 hours later, still wouldn't start.  Son comes by to cut firewood and says loader would start just fine if you plug the solenoid wire back up.  Started up just fine.
About that time the first of 4 customers came by to pick up their orders.  Everyone was loaded, pockets full of money and back to the house to rest before moving logs and lumber at a balmy 12 degrees.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

tree-farmer

Our 3 or 4  to turned out to be 8 or 9. Spent  6 hr getting the road opened . Neighbors will miss me when I'm gone. ;D
Look forward to retiring in 3 yrs. So I can just wait for it to melt.  8)
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

chevytaHOE5674

-13° this morning and probably 20 inches or so of snow since Wednesday. Not a blizzard just the month of January. haha

Dave Shepard

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on January 07, 2017, 12:20:56 PM
  Dave, what happened to the roof of your wood boiler?  If I had one that looked like that it would be from me trying to get one more log "close" to the boiler with the excavator...  Not that I've ever done something like that  :-\

I purchased it from a junkyard. I had to buy a new door and Andy had the smoke pipe. Previous owner dropped a tree on it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

snowstorm

you guys are funny blizzard 2 inch of snow. if you want some real excitement come ride with me sanding dirt roads in a ice storm. nothing worse than frezzing rain

GRANITEstateMP

Snowstorm, we've got a little lake on the North side of town with some converted cottage's that people live in year round. It's all dirt and a fun little hill down to nto it.  We call it HE- let's call it Heck's Kitchen.  The road agent loves to send me and my little 3/4ton to plow that!  More than once I've finished the offshoots and had to wait for a big truck with sand to get back out!  At least the plowing was done!  Ah, sleet and dirt, so much fun together...
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

WDH

32° here at 7:53.  Everything is almost froze solid.  Awful  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!