iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

GB Products distribution in Australia

Started by sawchain, April 03, 2011, 05:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawchain

Some of you may have heard that in July of last year Parklands Power Products took over the Australian national distribution of GB consumer bars, chain etc. Many dealers, myself included were getting less than satisfactory service from the new distributor and I believe there were many complaints directed at GB over this issue. I also believe that due to this sales of GB products had fallen off.

Last week Parklands were notified of the termination of the agreement to distribute the GB product, so it's back to business as usual with GB distributing their own product and I'm sure that GB products will be readily available once again.

Laurie .... Sawchain Supply
660 x 2, 088 x 1,  880 x 2, Solo 681 x 1, Redmax 5300 x 1

There are Chainsaw Owners, Chainsaw Users, & Chainsaw Operators

See a bunch of pics on my "politically incorrect pic site " http://vk2ilk.spaces.live.com/

snowstorm

do or will they send there product to the US? i had some gb harvester bars. i liked them a lot more spring to them . than others. did hae 2 of them break and crack next to where it bolts to the head

sawchain

I'll PM you with contact details for GB
660 x 2, 088 x 1,  880 x 2, Solo 681 x 1, Redmax 5300 x 1

There are Chainsaw Owners, Chainsaw Users, & Chainsaw Operators

See a bunch of pics on my "politically incorrect pic site " http://vk2ilk.spaces.live.com/

amberwood

GB does seem to be a moving target at the moment. We have been buying harvester bars direct from the factory. With a new, trainee operator in the chair it is a hourly stresser on how long a bar will last before it cannot be hammered back into shape. It does seem that the GB bars are more likely to spring back, then finally crack. Whereas the Oregon bars will bend.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

snowstorm

same thing with . spring a long way and come rite back. i was told by a large woods equipment dist. in quebec not to buy gb bars. to many to many problems with the steel they use

Thank You Sponsors!