iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some Assembly Required

Started by Ianab, February 26, 2012, 03:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

::)

You know when you read that on the box(s), that you have a challenge....

Good thing there isn't audio about this time.  :o

But the end result is what matters  ;D

Then we had 25 assorted children descend on us for a birthday party...
Been a LONG day  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Meadows Miller

You read those things Mate ;)  :D But the fustration is all worth it when you see that smile Mate  :) ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
4TH Generation Timbergetter

thecfarm

I had a Grandmother think that a swing set could be put together in about an ½ hour. She had the Grand Daughter convinced too. The Grand Father was not convinced though. About 2 hours later it was up and running.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Ianab, that's precisely why I let my 15 year old nephew put my daughters trampoline together  ;D.

Magicman

Some Assembly Required, but Smiles Included.   :) :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ianab

Not sure how common that design of tramp is in the US. It's a NZ design but I know it's sold in the States. It has no springs as such, it uses the white fibreglass rods to provide the "bounce", and each one has to be pre-loaded and fitted into place.

There is a technique to doing it, which if you follow the instructions EXACTLY, isn't too difficult. If you don't follow their technique the whole thing is physically impossible to assemble.

It does seem a much safer design as there is no frame or springs to hit if you loose control, the flexible net just throws the kid back into the middle of the mat.

Anyway, the party was a great hit.
There was a bouncy castle.

And a clown with balloon animals and games

And enough food feed 5 times the number  :D

And presents.

And of course cake (Princess themed of course.   :) )

Just dropped Lara off at school for her first day and things are now strangely quiet, especially after yesterday  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Woodchuck53

Don't blink. She'll be a teenager soon and it will never be quiet again. Great looking party for all. We just had the newest grandson's one year get together. Whew a year already. I'll have to try that picture thing again.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Kansas

One of the dumbest things I ever did... was a some assembly required. And it was entirely my own fault.

Stopped by Wal-mart a few years back and was in a hurry. Wanted to grab a charcoal grill, just a simple one like you see everywhere that has two wheels, Weber I think. They had one assembled. I had a few things to grab in the store and didn't feel like driving the pickup truck up to the pickup area to get the assembled one. I took one look at it and thought, I can put one together faster than me going to the back of the lot and getting the pickup. Tossed the box in the cart and finished my shopping.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Never did get it all put together. Got it together good enough to use. Then I gave up. Missing parts. Wrong parts. Way too many parts.

25 kids at a party. Thats a bunch.

Thank You Sponsors!