iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2000 f250 5.4

Started by coxy, November 04, 2018, 09:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

anyone know much about them I have one that will start and run for about 30seconds then you have to wait a few hours and it does the same thing. after it starts and stops the motor turns over hard like its out of time is there any way it jumped time but will start and run for a bit then the computer shuts it down  I dont want to change the motor if its something that could be fixed for under a 1000 bucks  thanks for any help 

armechanic

I would look at the fuel system, start with the filters and make sure fuel pump works.
1989 Lt 40, D6C CAT, Home made wood processer in progress.

Hilltop366

Make sure your battery is fully charged and your charging system is working along with electrical connections at the battery

Relays are cheap to try, some times you can swap them out for a less used one like the trailer light one or something to test.

I had trouble with a 2003 f150 not starting randomly and could not hear the fuel pump running when it would not start so I swapped out the fuel pump relay and it worked fine after, a few months later it started to act up again which got me to thinking that the PCM relay is just a old and used as the fuel pump relay so I got a new one and the truck never failed to start again.

limbwood

there is a cam position sensor that could do that

Lko67

Usually a cam sensor causes long crank but starts a crank sensor will cause no start best thing get a scanner on it ck for codes and monitor crank signal and cam sensor cam sensor on diesel will cause no start 

Thank You Sponsors!