iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dr appointment today

Started by Bruno of NH, April 05, 2019, 05:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I had a new Dr today.
I'm on some new meds for my weight.
I made the decision to have gastric bypass surgery .
They are putting me up the list.
I'm not going to lie,Im scared 
The one I need they remove 2/3 of my stomach and all of my small intestine. 
One good thing is I can get a seat for my new mill 8)
They say I will be much smaller and won't flip the mill over riding on it. :D
My a1c went down from 10.6 to 7.3  :)
I have been fighting this all my life .
I don't want to die yet.
I want to be like Peter, YH,MM,WHD and have a great sawmill business. 
I was told in 1984 I would never make contracting long and I made it till last June.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

lxskllr

Good luck! Our surveyor got the surgery, and he's been doing great; really turned his life around. There's been food related disappointments, but he's doing well for quality of life.

Here's to the rest of your life...

Skål!

Magicman

I am rooting for you Jim, whatever you do. 

Surely that are some LT40 seats among our members that are not being used.  ??  They are heavy and cumbersome so shipping might be an issue.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

A customer had it done. I call him slim now.  ;D  He looks good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

Wishing all the best for you. 
Say when

WWright

Ed_K

Rita's niece had it done and looked so good I didn't know who she was when she came into church one morning.
Ed K

YellowHammer

That's great, you are being proactive, and taking control of your life.  You will do great, I am sure.  

There are always nerves before anything life changing, that's how we are wired.  
Wonderful news.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Bruno of NH

It's hard for me
I could stop drinking cold turkey. 
Work hard for something I want.
But I can't kick the weight thing.
I'm embarrassed I cant do it on my own.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

Would not be the first time someone had to ask for help.
How many imes have you helped people in the past? And I bet you did not mind a bit.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LeeB

It would be embarrassing to continue on as you were, when there are solutions available, instead of seeking the professional help when it is was available. When I researched having the surgery they told me I have to loose a certain amount of weight by diet and would need to change my lifestyle. I decided if I had to do all that I would see if I could go all the way on my own without the surgery. I managed to loose almost all  i had wanted to. The real battle for me now is to keep it off. Your doctor may want you to loose some weight first too. You might find once you get started you can continue on your own without the surgery. If not, so be it. Do what it takes to improve your quality of life. Nothing embarrassing in any of that.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Hilltop366

Everyone needs a little help sometimes, no shame in that.

(Not referring to you in particular Bruno with the following statement just my thoughts on the food situation in North America)

I think it's a tough world out there when it comes to food and the odds are against us, it seems like you can't turn on the tv or radio without being bombarded with food shows or ads (very little of it looks healthy).

Can't drive to any town without having to run the gauntlet of restaurants and coffee shops or go to any grocery store or gas bar without being tempted thousands of times with unhealthy "food" choices.

These companies have years of experience and experts in marketing to get your money because that is why they are there.

Their "food" is made to tempt you and keep you wanting more, the stuff that was a once in a while treat in the past has turned into everyday affair.

The best advise I have ever heard was really simple "Eat food, not too much, mostly vegetables"

To expand a bit, food is things that you can recognize as food (un-processed) usually found in the outside row of the grocery store very little real food is found in all the other isles its almost all corporate greed in there.

Wishing you best and admiring your resolve not to give up.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Southside

Bruno,

You are a fighter, I applaud you, if you were not scared you would not be honest with yourself with all of this.  You will pull through and be better for it.  I may not have been exactly in your shoes, but I have been to a place where I could not even pull up my own shorts or walk without two people helping me - it's humbling to say the least.  Yes, I joke around a lot and inject dry humor into most things - it's just who I am, and my way of dealing with life, those who know me get it. 

We all have our unfair advantages and face our challenges in life, some more than others, it's how we deal with them that identifies who we truly are.  Focus on getting through the next single second ahead of you, then repeat that one step and you will pull ahead, then one day you will be again helping others.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

Lots of people have changed their lives with this surgery, I hope it does that for you.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

barbender

Bruno, you do what ya gotta do! Doing nothing when something is destroying you slowly is sometimes the easiest option, unfortunately. I hear what your saying, you've beat things that seem like they should be harder than this. But think about this- you can quit drinking. Completely. Get it out of the house, don't go where it's served. You can't do that with food- you have to eat eventually! I struggle with food too. I need to get my weight down before I have one of those forty-something heart attacks (my dad had his first at 47, I'm 43 now). It's tough. I know quite a few folks who've had this surgery and are doing well, keeping the weight off now for many years. You will too. Pullin' for ya'!
Too many irons in the fire

Bruno of NH

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Bruno of NH

I do have one favor to ask.
I'm getting a new mill and have my tractor /forestry trailer.
If anything happens to me will someone from the FF help my family with selling my stuff , so they don't get ripped off.
Please Bruno

Magicman

It's not a pleasant thought nor task, but someone would step up to the plate. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Thank you MM
My family member that's helping me out is worried about that

barbender

These guys have done it before👍
Too many irons in the fire

DARRELL1972

Hope all is well Bruno. Keep your chin up. Were rooting for you.
95lt40hd
74 8k windham forklift
2018 eg100

Bruno of NH

I have an appointment to night with the surgeons. 

dgdrls

I hope your Dr. visit was good and positive.

Wishing you the very best

D

alan gage

Best of luck, Bruno. I'm sure it will all work out ok. Before my surgery I told myself I had no reason to worry since nothing was required of me except lay there unconscious. I'm not the one that had to cut someone's guts open and put them back together again. 

That pretty much worked but the gravity of the situation did hit me a little as I walked into that big cold operating room that looked like it was straight out of a movie. But then they had me breath into this thing and gave me a little shot in my IV and then there was nothing until I woke on the good drugs. 

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Thank You Sponsors!