iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'd like to go through your shed. Some things caught my eye.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

slider

I do have a sweet spot for a sportster. Also I found out that after looking a Peter's shop that I am not the only man that can not throw away his stuff . Every time I clean out my shop it comes back to bight me . 
al glenn

Peter Drouin

Quote from: starmac on March 13, 2018, 01:30:50 PM
What is it about the 1 1/2 X7'sX55  that you don't like?

They will catch bark, wood, all kinds of junk. I was always cleaning stuff out. With the 1ΒΌ blades, the junk would come out.
I don't know why Wood Mizer did not make wider wheels for the bigger horse mills I know the 70 has bigger diameter wheels, but, I think there no wider than a lt15.

[4x4 how wide are your wheels]

No machine Lawg Dawg, Just a set of torches.

And yes, I don't throw anything away. slider

The shop is used Leeb .

What you need goat man ?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

47sawdust

Goatman wants the sportster.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Peter Drouin

He's made enuff $$$ to buy a new mill, He can get his own bike.  :D  :D  :D 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 13, 2018, 10:14:30 PM
He's made enuff $$$ to buy a new mill, He can get his own bike.  :D  :D  :D
:D :D :D :D :D

Southside

How do you do the heat treating?  I see the torch and arm, but how long do you let each tooth get hot?  Do you let them air cool or bath them after?  How much of a difference does it make?

Thanks
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Peter Drouin

With a small flame, I let the heat turn the tooth black, orange. I point the flame to the middle of the tooth, watch the heat go down the tooth. You want to go only half way down on the tooth. If you go down to the body of the blade the tooth will, snap off with the setter. :D

I use the Wood Mizer sharpener to index the blade with the oil off and the cbn wheel held up so it doesn't hit the blade. With the cbn, not spinning, It doesn't hit the same spot on the wheel and damage it.
With the speed adjust on the sharpener you can get good with the timing on the heat. It takes less than 3 min to treat the blade. Let air cool too.
I do it after I have ground off the hard part of the tooth, When you look at a new blade you can see the black. I save all the blade and fool with them in the winter when it's slow, or when a North Easter is going by.  :D

What I dose for me is make the blade stay sharp longer, Just like when new.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

78NHTFY

Hey Peter:
Is that going to fit all the (300+?) folks coming to Forestry Forum East shindig in May? :D :D  BTW, where is all your snow?  We still have 18" up North of you.  Only cutting I'm doing is my fingernails, waiting on some meltage....All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Peter Drouin

Well, whoever shows up I'll have a roof over them, It might be raining that day.
I think we have 30 or so might come.

Just think of all the lumber I can put in there.  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Where do you buy your lumber?

Every time I see that green roof shed it has leaned another foot.  :D

WDH

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on March 22, 2018, 06:17:14 PMEvery time I see that green roof shed it has leaned another foot.  :D
It is a snow load problem ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

You must have goat hair in your eyes. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Had some pretty trucks come in this week

Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

The yard can fill up fast.  :D  :D

Anyone else here have pix of trucks full of logs?
If so, let's see your full-time operation. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

LeeB

I see two good looking trucks and one that at least I can say is red.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

4x4American

Quote from: LeeB on March 24, 2018, 07:54:14 AM
I see two good looking trucks and one that at least I can say is red.
How do ya like this one?  My friend was nice enough to lend it to me to unload the grey star car. 

My friend told me he has 3 load like what he sent in on the pretty trucks sitting on the landing with my name on em.  His old man who runs loader asks me how much wood do you wanna buy from us??  I said I wanna buy all of it but I can't afford that much!!
Boy, back in my day..

Dave Shepard

Something doesn't look right. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Dave Shepard

That frame supposed to look like linguine? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

4x4American

It's bent back like that so that if it does a wheelie it wont go too high up in the air
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!