iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Importing hardwoods from US to Canada

Started by Chili Dog, October 10, 2018, 04:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chili Dog

I am looking to import some live edge oak and black Walnut from Missouri to Alberta, Canada.  Wondering if anyy members have any experience in doing this?  I have applied for an import peermitt form the Canadain Food Agency but have not heard anything back.  Thak you for any insight. CD

Grizzly

2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

ellmoe

I have a customer that takes kd live edge slabs to Quebec twice a year. He has never mentioned any permit, but does need an invoice showing species of the slabs. 
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Ianab

Quote from: ellmoe on October 10, 2018, 10:04:32 PM
I have a customer that takes kd live edge slabs to Quebec twice a year. He has never mentioned any permit, but does need an invoice showing species of the slabs.
You probably need to show that you are CITES compliant when you cross the border. 
From the US a regular invoice showing the species is probably good enough, otherwise he could be held up while he got things verified?
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Chili Dog

Thank you guys for your help.  I will check out Percy H as I can come across at the border in Sask.
CD :snowball:

Woodlandbuddies

You could also just get it from southern Ontario. I can source lots of live edge oak and walnut. Although it is not cheap but it beautiful wood. I have a lot drying in the back. I traded logs for tree marking.

Thank You Sponsors!