iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

todays assortment( for those with anemia)

Started by woodmills1, June 20, 2006, 07:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Here is a shot of todays metal, though I got 538 bd ft of high priced clear pine from the logs that held this junk. :D 8)

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

actually wish I haden't cut through the boat anchor thingy it is kinda cute. :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

jpgreen

I bet you're using a detector?

How much time out of your day does it take to locate, then dig that stuff out James?
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

woodmills1

actually no detector this time, these are the butt logs that I new or suspected had metal.  Saved them up, looked over the outside and removed what i found by inspection, and then had at them with blades that were sharpened but had previously hit something.  The removal does take time but the reward is the fact that most of these butt logs yield clear or nearly clear wide boards.

Bibbyman

We've had a rash of expensive fence post too.  We've been hitting barbed wire in about one walnut log a day.  We normally stop and pull the metal and continue sawing but the last week we've been pulling the log off the mill and putting it to the side for later operation.  Here are four waiting for an operation.   Three have barbed wire and one a couple of generations of "keep out" sign nails.

This is what we got out of three of them.  We dug into one almost to the heart and still didn't find the steeple.  As it was the only metal in the log and we could butt it off and only loose a foot,  we did that instead of continuing to dig.

Here are two more fence posts.  At least this wire is sticking out so you can see it. 

After we started hitting wire,  I used the metal detector on all butt cuts that looked suspicious.  Still we hit wire in two in a row.  So I went to scanning every log.  Didn't find any more metal so I guess it worked.

We also sawed through places where there had been fences nailed but pulled.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!