iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arkansas Project under way!

Started by Kirk_Allen, February 26, 2004, 03:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

We got things rolling in AR last week and were blessed with 7 days of great weather.  Although we only hauled one load of pallet wood to the pallet factory we did manage to put up 3000+ BF of some of the most beutiful Red Oak and Cedar Elm I have ever seen.

OOPS ;D

Book Matched Red Oak that has spalted, burle, quarter sawn and flat sawn patterns all in one.

Book Matched Cedar Elm
1-3/16" X 20" X 105"

No slabs go to waste 8)  Jim winding down for the day 8)

Corley5

Cedar Elm?  Never heard of it but it sure is purty.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Kirk_Allen

I hadnt either.  A local farmer gave it to us for free just to get it off his property.  After some endgrain research we identified it as Cedar Elm.  The farmer said it was an elm but did not know what type of Elm.  

Based on all the info in the wood ID book its Cedar Elm.

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Kirk_Allen

ScottAR

South of Searcy...  Welcome to the neighborhood!
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Buzz-sawyer

Did the buyer I sent info on near ya (in MO) do any good for ties?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Kirk_Allen

I spoke with a couple outfits on ties but have not gotten the prices from them yet.  

We were getting 53 cents a BF for pallet stringers so this first batch of heart wood was cut for that.  

I will contact them again monday and find out what they are going to pay for ties.

Thanks
Kirk

Thank You Sponsors!