iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Serving Trays

Started by SwampDonkey, November 22, 2009, 04:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I know, I was thinking pencil crayon colors. :D :D I can actually create a photo with a pencil crayon look as a guide.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

First coating of 50 % Linseed and 50% Turpentine. It is rubbed down with cloth to remove access finish that can go gummy. I think that is the mistake of many, not rubbing it down. It is also let to dry 24 hrs between coatings. Will use thicker linseed near the end, but still rubbing access away between coats. I figure 3 coats of thinned finish followed by two thicker coats.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I'm just getting around to getting my second tray finished. Today I burnt a scene trying to mimic an old softwood forest. Some broken off dead fir, large red spruce, some cedar and a larger white birch. Also in the understory a couple suppressed fir and shrubs.

Taken from a photo I shot on the Wapske drainage. The fir were mostly all worm food. There is no finish on the tray yet, I only adjusted brightness and contrast using Photoshop. I'm no Piccasso by any means. ;D

Patty

I think you are doing a very fine job with the woodburning Donk. I would be very intimidated by that. Your artwork is good! Will you be selling these trays or are they for personal use?
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

They are personal use, gave one away to family.

The long limbs that kind of look out of place across the tree trunks are actually red spruce limbs of trees out of the frame. Red spruce has real long slender limbs from being so persistent, but those ones are dead limbs.

Ole CB

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 10, 2010, 02:40:01 PM
I'm just getting around to getting my second tray finished. Today I burnt a scene trying to mimic an old softwood forest. Some broken off dead fir, large red spruce, some cedar and a larger white birch. Also in the understory a couple suppressed fir and shrubs.

Taken from a photo I shot on the Wapske drainage. The fir were mostly all worm food. There is no finish on the tray yet, I only adjusted brightness and contrast using Photoshop. I'm no Piccasso by any means. ;D

Rembrant maybe??????  Yer GOOD!!!

Don_Papenburg

Well I can see the trees of the forest .  If that was a picasio no one would know if there were trees there or if it was a picture of tinkertoys spilled from the can. 
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

SwampDonkey

I find myself using my serving tray many times throughout the week during lunch. Fits just right between the arm rests of my recliners and doesn't flip flop like some light flimsy knot-off. I build stuff to use. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!