iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I think it was 70 today, suppose to be 70's for a couple and then down to 60 Wednesday. No rain though. Hasn't rained here a drop in 2 weeks. The farmers have been going gang busters here this week putting in grain crops. I will be putting in taters and onions this coming weekend. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

76° yesterday and only 46° today. with these temp swings it's hard to get used to anything.

SwampDonkey

In the 70's Monday, a dry heat. Was in the 60's with a little rain today, humid and fog in the morning. Well, enough of that. ;D Sunny next few days, but probably frost tomorrow morning. I saw 5 moose the last two days, mostly in ditches. Must be where the good stuff is. One fella was just rump and hind legs showing at the edge of the ditch, the rest was buried in fir limbs. ;D

No burning province wide up until today. One forest fire burning near Miramichi city. I know yesterday, when the road was graded in the woods near work, I couldn't see anything behind me, a huge dust cloud. Like trying to see through a wall. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Step son went on top of the hill turkey hunting. Saw alot of moose tracks. Both small and big. But no tracks around my place. Maybe a mile away on top of the hill. 
Been kinda on the cool side. Yesterday was the warmest it has been. Been in the low 40's each night. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

They said probably frost province wide here tonight, cold NW wind a howling. ;D

thecfarm

The bugs,the bugs,the bugs!!! Did I say bugs?  Those black files are full bore,wide open.  Chew all over. I am on fire. :)   The dog will get some powder on her belly.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Not real bad yet at the house, but they were hot in the woods. I wear a fly net and long sleeves. This morning I bet they are tame, cold. :D

ToddsPoint

Out here on the IL prairie we don't have many bugs anymore.  I thank Monsanto.  I haven't seen a skeeter in several years.  June bugs are gone.  I think the aerial crop spraying has had something to do with it.  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

51cub

Just down the road from Peters. The sun is out now. Weather Underground calls for rain this afternoon and about 60°
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

curdog

We got hammered with rain last night. There were landslides and houses flooded... they even shut the interstate down through the night.  Maybe this will get rid of the pollen. But with all of the rain, the grass is really growing but too wet to mow... I guess sometimes it's dry, sometimes it's not..

Woodcutter_Mo

Had 3+ fairly strong little storms today, each with hail (no large hail that I know of) and lots of close lightning. Got a few inches of rain and currently under flash floods warning. Got up to the 90's earlier today, currently in the mid 60's tonight. Nice and cool  :). Sounds like there are more chances of rain for the next few days.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

SwampDonkey

Warm on Saturday with a strong south breeze, kept the black flies away. :)

thecfarm

Started to rain around 6 here last night. All done now. We can use it.

SwampDonkey

Yep, we had some over night, but has not rained for quite awhile. Fog hanging low on the hills now. :) Been like the dust bowl here with all the farm activity going on.

Woodcutter_Mo

It stayed pretty sunny most of today, a thunderstorm moved in about dark. Raining like crazy with a few pellets of hail mixed in. More flash floods warnings. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

chevytaHOE5674

Driest I've ever seen it in May UP here. My ponds, swamps, and ditches are all dry, cattle are drinking more well water per day then they do in August. Grass either hasn't started growing yet or what has started is turning brown. When the wind blows there are clouds of dust blowing around. Praying the rain they have forecasted for next weekend actually happens.

Temps have been all over the place from 84 yesterday morning then dropped to 54 within 25 minutes, then frosty this morning.

thecfarm

A nice stretch of warm days. We could use some rain.
We have 4 geese in the field. Just about the same amount of turkeys too.

chevytaHOE5674

Don't remember ever being so happy to see rain before. Haha. Half inch so far today and not a single water puddle in site. Nice rain and warm temps should hopefully get things growing. 

SwampDonkey

Frost on the windshield this morning, musta been 29F or so, was frozen on good. Had a cold front move in yesterday with a little rain for 3 hrs. Was 65 or so today, suppose be 78F Friday and showers late in the day and drop back to 65F Saturday. :D

thecfarm

Welcome to Maine!! Well except for the frost. ;D

SwampDonkey

Oh, you mean the other Maine. They got frost up in this Maine. :D

curdog

Rain, clouds,  more clouds,  and some rain...we've had some clouds and fog... with more rain and clouds in the forecast . One of the local mountains has at least 36 slide areas from a heavy rain last Friday. With more rain and the remnants of a tropical system coming, things could get worse....

thecfarm

Maybe the hottest day this year? But the wind was busy,real busy.

SwampDonkey

Didn't think it was going to be hot, was overcast and cool with rain showers in the morning. It did get hot and muggy in the afternoon here and we had thunderstorms after supper. Won't be so hot today. We never had any heavy wind here, would have been nice though to blow them black flies to Juniper (that is a place name here) ;D . Getting just enough water so far to keep the ground from blowing away. ;)

Onions are beginning to green up though, planted a week ago. No taters up yet. Suppose to be July weather this week, them taters will jump up. ;D

dgdrls

Thank You Sponsors!