iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Longleaf Pine article

Started by DanG, January 09, 2004, 04:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Here's a link to an interesting editorial, written for the Tallahassee Democrat(our local rag), by U.S. Senator Bob Graham.  I find it refreshing to hear a politician speak of something useful and positive, rather than bashing another politician, especially in an election year.
Could it be that these folks have actually done something good?

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/democrat/news/opinion/7663872.htm

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

Here's another article from the same paper. I'm a little confused about this one. It seems a bit too sketchy to form a good opinion from, but it don't sound too good to me.  Wetlands have been a real bone of contention around here, to the point where you can hardly fill a mud hole in your driveway, now the largest landowner and developer in Florida gets permission to do this?  ???  :o

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/democrat/news/local/7666691.htm
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Stan

Musta' been an "EXPERT" on the Senator's staff, as opposed to a family member at exorbitant pay.  8)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

DanG

I dunno, Stan. Graham is a "regular guy" type that gets out among the people. He made his money as a land developer, so he knows a bit about it. When he was Governor, he had "work days" on a regular basis, where he would take a job somewhere for one day, doing whatever the regular employees did. It was a real popular program, made a lot of folks feel good, and he probably learned a thing or two, as well.

Stan

Reminds me of LA''s Mayor Riordan, came to the Energy Contol Center one day to have his picture took with the workers. He hadda wait about 5 minutes while I bought, sold and scheduled 'lectricity. I had two computers  and a calculator, Ol' Bill asked me how high I could count. I told him up to 21 if I drop trou.  ;D It were a mistake though, the next week and MBA sat down beside me to learn how to do my job.  :-[
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Thank You Sponsors!