iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

372 Husky still here

Started by snowshoveler, March 01, 2006, 06:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowshoveler

after reading posts here for what seems like forever (awesome site by the way)i have noticed more than a bit of concern about the availability of the 372.
while its no longer a popular saw here in eastern Canada (mostly 357s 359s and there Stihl equivalent)
the 365 is a bit more popular.
anyway i made a point of asking and was told the Husky is not taking any saws out of the current makeup.
after a little digging i have found that they still produce and sell 61s as well as 288s.they just dont sell them here  they are marketed in Russia.
so im a little curious why they would say that the tooling is worn out. they have been making 61s for a very long time indeed
im thinking that its an emmisions deal and the 372 is just a bit to dirty for the US market.
Canada always follows the leader on emmisions ,so anything that happens in the US follows here in a year or 2.
Husky and Still as well as the other saw manufacturers are allowed to build X number of "dirty " saws for X number of clean saws. this is part of the reason you see the little stickerson a saw that say how many hours a saw is expected to stay emmisions compliant
every year the emmisions laws tighten a bit.
the saws get a bit leaner and so on.
the latest thing is the mix oil...its all semi synthetic now and burns a bit cleaner.
this is in my opinion a good thing. leaves less residue in the saw,bearings stay cleaner ,ring lands dont choke with carbon .
most have stabilizer in them and that i really like.
you have no idea how ugly sour gas day after day when repairing its damage.
later chris 
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

Kevin

The 372 is still available here, just bought a new one last week.

Hoop

How much are 372's in Canada?

Any place we can buy them via the internet?

snowshoveler

if shipping can be sorted out we could sell to you,no problem.
i have no idea how this is done though.
perhaps others on the forum could help in this matter.
chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

Kevin

Hoop, Bailey's has them.
My 372 was $850 from a local dealer.

Hoop

Thank you Thank you Thank YOU!!! Kevin

Just ordered 2 372's from Baileys.   I suspect their supply will disappear pronto from all the pent up demand.

Thanks a bunch for the info!!!!!

tony_marks

are these the ones with rev limiters.putting a limiter on a 372 makes as much sense as . oh well dont make any sense at all to me.

dozerdan

Tony
Yes all of the new 372s and Jonsered 2171s come with the rev limiter made in the ignition module. The old ones without the limiter are a direct bolt in.
Later
Dan
Danny Henry
Central Pa.
Home of the Original Power Ported Saws
570 658 6232
dozerdan@sunlink.net or
dozerdan@nmax.net

timberjack240

im not positive but maybe somebody else heard this . my local dealer told me that suppoesdly youll be able to get the 372s again but they hafta redesign them in count of emmissions or sumthin. i dont no if thats true and im not tryin to start any rumors but im pretty sure thats what he sed
if it is true its a shame cause that emisions thing as far as im concerend is so stupid its not funny . my pap sed yea you  knwo why theyre 20% better on fuel cause if you cant get em started they dont burn fuel if they dont run which ive herd a lot of that not startin as easy 372 is a nice little trimmin saw hopefuully they dont mess it up

Dale Hatfield

Im still running a fleet of 371's
I hope they still make 372 when my 371's give up the ghost.

Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

ehp

they still have 372's in the ware house for husky Canada but once they are gone that is to be it but I have heard this before , now you are to be able to get 2171's until 2007 up here. The 575 is not selling at all here , with the 4 husky dealers in my area they have sold 0- 575's and the biggest dealer willnot even bring them in , he says once they quit the 372s he will just sell 2171's

tony_marks

JD hauler

I just bought  a 372 xp from baileys, havent run it much yet, waiting for the rain to stop, any tips on a 372 xp. are all the 372's the same?

SawTroll

smiley_nananana
A rumor I read on another Forum indicates that the production of the 372xp may continue until 2011.  :-\ ::)
Information collector.

Hoop

Wouldn't surprise me.   I stopped at a Husqvarna dealer today (non-local) and asked how his experiences with the 575 were.  Said far too many of the crank bearings were weaker than silly putty.  Also said he has rebuilt some of the saws up to 5 times.  A real money loser for Husqvarna as most of these were under warranty.
Of course he is optomistic about the future of the 575 and (unlike me) seems to think they can turn it into a reliable saw.

hydro2

Quote from: JD hauler on March 14, 2006, 11:25:54 PM
I just bought  a 372 xp from baileys, havent run it much yet, waiting for the rain to stop, any tips on a 372 xp. are all the 372's the same?
Welcome aboard!  When we testing that new saw?
353 Husky
Husky 372XP
030 Stihl
Mahindra 4035
Speeco Log Splitter
Hardy Outside Wood Stove

JD hauler

Hydro, as soon as possible, the saw is just there getting stared at and wants to be tried out, asap, I hope by wed or thurs, give me a yell.

SawTroll

Quote from: JD hauler on March 14, 2006, 11:25:54 PM
...are all the 372's the same?

Basically they are the same, but the addition of a rev limiter some time ago are annoying a lot of people, as it makes it more difficult to tune the carb properly. :(
The 372xp has been around since 1999, and there have been several small changes during production, as with most other saw models. These changes should be reflected in the different editions of the IPL (available as downloads trough Huskys web-site).

They have also been made with both one- and two-ring pistons, but that is not as much a question of when the saw was made, but rather for which market.... 8)
Information collector.

hydro2

Quote from: JD hauler on March 20, 2006, 09:18:58 PM
Hydro, as soon as possible, the saw is just there getting stared at and wants to be tried out, asap, I hope by wed or thurs, give me a yell.
Maybe on Thur. Have a meeting Wed night.
353 Husky
Husky 372XP
030 Stihl
Mahindra 4035
Speeco Log Splitter
Hardy Outside Wood Stove

JD hauler

ok, lets shoot for that, weather??

JD hauler

Man, I got to run the 372 xp on some redoak today, about 23" across, man did the saw play with that, I did take it easy on the first two tanks, but started to open it up toward the end of the cutting, I was really impressed with the power, the saw is really a fast cutting saw, the fastest I have ever run yet, can any one chime in as far as retuning the carb after break in? what usually needs the most attention? Low or high , the idle seems fine so far, if you have been thinking of getting a 372, I have two words, DO IT !!!!!

Hoop

The 372 has a high speed & low speed adjustment of only 1/2 turn, unless modifications are made.

This is one thing I let the guys at the saw shop with tachometers undertake.  Its hard to dial them in as good without the tach. 

Old_Hickory

i definatly agree got one 2 weeks ago and love it  best saw I have ever owned  and yes i ve had a Stihl 441,it cant hang with the 372 XP
gotta love those XP saws

joe_indi

The blue ignition module has a speed limiter, the black one doesn't .
The black ones were still coming on the 365 and 385 (the last time I saw one).
These modules are a straight fit onto the 372xp and will eliminate the speed limiter in the  ignition system.
The 365 has Zama carbs while as the 372xp has Walbro. The Zamas are not great, so its better to do some modifications on the stock Walbro.
The limiter caps are easy to remove for further adjustments.
But, this alone will not put that  something "extra" into the 372.
Replace the valve jet in the carb with one from a Stihl 066/660 (#1128 121 5403).
Or, replace the whole carb with that of a Stihl MS460.This needs some switching of throttle and choke hardware, metering chamber cover and slightly longer impulse hose.
You will find doing all this is really worth it when you press the throttle and feel the saw  revving. It just Vroooms!

jokers

joe_indi,

That was a good post! I`d give you some positive rep if this forum allowed it.

Thank You Sponsors!