iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw recomendations in a confusing time???

Started by 747mopar, February 12, 2018, 07:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

747mopar

Thought I'd update this thread, I bought the 562XP and put a 24" bar and a skip chain on it... love it!!! Sawed up a knuckle boom load effortlessly, no starting issues or anything else. Big difference after running my 450 for so many years.

DelawhereJoe

Glad you are enjoying your saw, I too am enjoying the step up from an old 50cc saw to a pro 60cc. Wish I would have done it years ago. Its on my list to rebuild my old 026, it would be nice to add some more hp to that 3.2hp saw with a port job and upping the compression.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

knuckledragger

Say it aint so Holmentree! Not the 044 AV. I hope the youngster apprieciates the iconic saw he has purchased.

streem26

I really think you will be amazed at how strong a 562 is. Plus it has auto tune. That's a big bonus. And lastly if your limbing with it especially in thick overgrown woods, big oaks with limbs over your head , etc, the 562 is far better handling as a limbing saw and far easier to live with hour after hour while in the woods https://cozzy.org/best-professional-chainsaw-reviews/ Limb with it and buck even big oaks no problems it won't even break a sweat

HolmenTree

Quote from: knuckledragger on June 17, 2018, 08:20:56 PM
Say it aint so Holmentree! Not the 044 AV. I hope the youngster apprieciates the iconic saw he has purchased.
Yup hated to see the 1989 044 go but I saw the youngster really fell in love with the saw and appreciated it like I did when I was his age.
He said he  wanted a compact 70cc saw with no flippy caps, low profile top cover and a lightweight 16" bar with Stihl 33RS chain.

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!