iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Member meets The Goat

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, February 16, 2016, 08:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Member (CLWW) Charles (from Virginia) calls me the other night. He drives cross country hauling freight in his tractor trailer.
He said he and his driving partner Texas Roy would be in Rock Hill at the State Farm Center dropping a load.
I met them there this morning at 8 am and they followed me 12 miles to the mill.
Little did I know....their driving time had expired and they needed to park and rest for 8 hours before cranking the truck again.  ;D I had him! A member at the mill for 8 hours.  :D :D :D

I have to admit, the neighbors thought my lumber business had reached a new plato with that freight hauler in the yard.  :)
Texas Roy slept most of the day getting ready for a night trip tonight that will take them North.

We sawed Pine this morning. Mostly lumber for locals and some Pine table boards for a customer.

Several customer came in today picking up various things.

We sawed a 10x10 block to be used for an Anvil

After lunch we sawed about 25 of the UG-LEEEST Cedar logs I have ever seen. These logs were 8 years old but still produced some nice heart lumber.

Black Bumble Bees have been living in these logs for who knows how long. The cold weather had them drunk and disoriented. I mean they couldn't hardly move.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX3D6itug2s   

We had a really good day sawing and exchanging stories. He wouldn't take any pay but I did manage to slip a birdhouse in his truck.  :)

Here he his getting ready to leave. Thanks Charles.....it was a real pleasure meeting you and working with you.
Tell Texas Roy to keep those night time eyes open.  :)
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIBbDU-a1-k
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Your videos say they are private. :)

edit. I can see them now.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jeff

Nope.  Just big gray boxes that say they are private videos when you try to click on them.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on February 16, 2016, 08:30:33 PM
Nope.  Just big gray boxes that say they are private videos when you try to click on them.

Thanks Boss, I went back in and changed them to public. Sorry. Let me know if you still don't see them in a bit. :)

isawlogs

When I tried to view them it said I need to be connected.. but in French of course.."   :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

As soon as I put that lastpost up, I went back and there it was ready for my eyes!!! :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

kensfarm

Those were probably carpenter bees.. they have a white spot on their face.. and no stinger.  You are right.. that is an ugly log.. but looks like you guys had a fine day.  I think he's got your goat beard beat.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

kensfarm

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 16, 2016, 08:56:13 PM
Quote from: kensfarm on February 16, 2016, 08:53:58 PM
  I think he's got your goat beard beat.

I'm still a Kid.  ;D

:D :D :D

I wonder how a table slab w/ those bee holes would look like.. leave some of the bee's in place when epoxied..  be like a nature table.   

Peter Drouin

Is that big steel building on your farm?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

mmartone

Good stuff right there!! Nice hoodie too..
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 16, 2016, 09:40:11 PM
Is that big steel building on your farm?

Yep....we keep equipment and lumber under the shed.

Magicman

Looks like you had a very enjoyable time together.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Chuck White

Always good to meet another Forestry Forum member!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

That's pretty cool,, very nice set up there poston,  clean operation,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

kelLOGg

Your soil must drain pretty quick or you haven't had rain. I can't even drive to my mill right now w/o getting deep ruts.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Thank You Sponsors!