iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

does a 2011 395 have the limiter coil

Started by stihlkiller395, April 05, 2012, 02:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stihlkiller395

I have a 395 xp and i see it has the small blue coil wire is that the limiter coil if so where can i get it unlimited i have removed the base gasket and ported it and any way to get the high low adjustments "unlocked"  any help is appreciated im new to the sight and i hav some knowledge of saws

Ward Barnes

Howdy:

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  I can't answer your question, but, wanted to welcome you anyway.

God Bless, Ward and Mary.
7 year old Stihl MS 390.  New Stihl trim saw MS 250.  Kubota BX 2200 tractor.  2005 F150 4X4.
Dull chains cause accidents.  Accidents cause shorter life spans.
You don't sharpen a chain when it gets dull.  You sharpen a chain to keep it from getting dull.

OAP

Yes they have the coil that can't be adjusted, at least mine has it an 09 model.

stihlkiller395

what can be done with it can it be replaced or does it make that much of a differance

Kcwoodbutcher

I think Bailey's sells an unlimited version.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

ladylake

Will make no difference in the power as theses saws run about 9000 RPM stock, ported maybe 10000 RPM for peak power.   Well below the 12500 RPM or so it's limited at.   A unlimited will make tuning easyier as the limited can fool you into thinking it's rich.      Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

stihlkiller395

So would yoi say i shouls replace it. and the h and l on it are limited to half turn each i have the low set good but the h adjustment i just camt Seem to get my ear to like it. Should i try to tune the hogh loaded in wood

ladylake

You have to get rid of the limiters on the carb or you'll burn it up, modded they need more fuel.  Tuning in the wood is the best, start way rich and gradually lean it out untill it cuts the fastest, when you get a bit lean it will rev higher but bog easy.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

stihlkiller395

Do i need to take the carb apart to get the limiters out of the carb.

ladylake

I've never worked on a 395, someone here should know.     Steve

JohnG28

I don't think you would need to take the carb apart. On my saw just had to get the boot cover off the adjustment screws to access the caps.  They're a pain to get off though. Took some time with a small pain of needle nose pliers to get them out.  Then just trim off the tabs and pop back in.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

stihlkiller395

Thank you very much thats helpful glad to see a fellow new yorker amd running a husky

Thank You Sponsors!