Started by Mlamountain, June 14, 2011, 07:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mlamountain

ChuckinVa

bill m

You better jump on that one before I do. :D :D :D
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Shotgun

They look like spruce to me.  Some folks call any conifer "pine".  Such a deal though.   ;)
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Ron Scott

Yes, they appear to be spruce, but they need to adjust their minimum bid. ;)
~Ron

Ron Scott

isawlogs reply: (moved from duplicate thread)

I never deam to find those deals  ::) :D :D  Lucky for you, jump on that right away it may never get better  ;D
funny how dem pines look like spruce to me.

~Ron

CX3

I really need four but I guess those 2 will work.  lol
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Mlamountain

I wish the mill would give me $300 for a "pine" that size.  Last I checked I'd get lol $10 each..... Maybe

donny hochstetler

boy things must be tough in that neck of the woods, that you have to go n sell your yard trees :o   now if ONLY we could find a sucker buyer :D :D :D

timbuck2

red

maybe he has some Black Walnut tooo
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

bull

blue spruce, yard trees..... I would charge about $300.00 each to put them on the ground and another $200 each to clean up and take away... looks to be chipper wood....

SPIKER

I found a deal today too http://mansfield.craigslist.org/grd/2441877890.html

man 1500 for those cherry trees what a deal!   I dont have a mill so maybe BBtom will snag them up :D

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

cutterboy

I'm just 25 miles from Worcester and I love a good deal so I better drive down there right away and grab those "pines" before someone else does. If I sell the lumber at .50 a foot I should make quite a killing.  :D :D :D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

madmari

Anybody want to partner up for this deal? I didn't see any blue paint, so must be no forester involved. At my guess by time a landing is put in, bring in CTL equipment and clean up we could earn as much as negative $1800. I can't lose that much here in Vt, but almost.
  I'll get a contract to him before he changes his mind.
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

WDH

I will come mark them if that will swing the deal  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Coon

Heck you guys may as well bring in a cable yarder for those trees you know.    :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

sealark37

It would be worth the trip just to interview the owner of these trees.  Regards, Clark

isawlogs

It has needles and is green so must be pine !!!
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sandhills

Now you guys got me thinking, with all the cedar I have, a simple add on craigslist = instant millionaire, or wait a minute, were those pine trees I have?  :D

WDH

I was rich all along and never knew it.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mlamountain

I replied to the craigslist ad and sent him a link to this thread....    The title was "your famous!!"

madmari

Scarify, replant, harvest, ... repeat. Pays the mortgage, taxes and a healthy dividend. I have a weeping willow in my yard at 34" dbh. Must be priceless, however I will open the bids at $75,000. I  will mention that the butt will grade veneer......

I saw an ad similar to this in Burlington. Wolf pine for a scant $100 each. You gotta take the whole tree for that cheap price though. Every needle. Oh, and rake the chips up, too. And you have to use a double bit ax because of the noise ordinance in town. You can use a misery whip if you first apply for a variance. All for a hundred bucks per  tree!!!

Speaks volumes on just how out of touch most of the public is in liberal areas of this country.
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

Logginsteve

You guys are cracking me up :D

Yesterday a friend of mine and I were talking.  I said I was going down the road to take out 23 mature red pine for a friend.  She said they had two large pines down from a storm a couple of weeks ago that already bucked into 8' logs.  "We've asked around and nobody wants them".  I checked them out on the way home and there's about a half dozen good saw logs there, decent diameters, straight with few limbs.  The bad boy of the bunch is 26" or so.  I'm going to pick 'em up next week.  So what do you think she could have got for them on Craigslist?  $2000 for the lot?  How about my friend with the red pine?  $800 a tree sound fair? You know, because I want to have my checkbook out and ready to go.

;)

Steve

Woodboogah

I get calls quite a bit (southern, NH) goes something like this:  Hi was calling because I have some pine in my yard and I wondering if you would come out and remove them.  I say: I will come by when you are available give you an estimate for removal and we can go from there.  Oh, oh  I was hoping you would take the wood for free an chip the brush in exchange for the wood.  Then we start talking about what wood is worth.  A little education goes a long way.  People think they have one pine worth a million bucks.  Unreal, amusing though.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

tapper2

I've seen some funny "deals", This one's pretty amusing.......

Black Locust logs and firewood - $1400 (Galway)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-06-28, 12:00PM EDT
Reply to: sale-36jun-2466928378@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have ALOT of Black locust wood for sale. Some of it has been cut and stacked in a rough face cord (9.5 foot long 4 foot tall) and Logs that are 7 foot long. I also have 6 trees trhat havent been cut at all yet.
Im asking 1400 for everything or best offer. This would make great firewood or fence post material, wood for furniture, ETC. I know what this type of wood goes for whether it be for fire wood or other purposes so please dont low ball me. If youre interested just make me an offer, the worse i can say is not interested. I am also open to partial trades and cash.
Any questions please feel free to ask me. The wood will stay in Log shape till around september then Im going to start to cut it up for firewood.
Get in on this now before winter hits, you can get a great deal with me or you can take your chances and when the cold hits the price of wood goes up dramatically.
You can contact me either by e-mail or on my cell. The number is --------------.
Thanks to everyone and have a ncie day!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2466928378

Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum
Belsaw m14, 1992 Ford 1720, Homebuilt  bandmill, Franklin 120b & a bunch of worn out, banged up stuff........gotta love it.

metalspinner

We have had lots of rough storms blow through in the past couple of months here in east TN.  My phone has been ringing off the hook with people wanting to sell me their valuable mature hardwood trees.  If they didn't already mention it, I ask how much the tree services were going to charge them to remove the fallen tree.  After I receive the answer (which is usually over $1,000)  I continue to question why I should pay them to remove it. ::)

Most folks just don't know.  And some of them appreciate the few minutes of information and education on the topic. I always wish them luck and to feel free to call me back if they run out of ideas.

One fella stuck out in my mind.  He works for one of the local papers as a business editor. (I recognized his name on my message and he answered his office phone.)  After the usual exchange of the points of view on the value of his trees, he came around to understand why his trees would cost him money instead of make him money.  The key phrase for him to get it was  "economy of scale."  You cannot pay thousands of dollars in insurance, fuel, equipment, and labor to earn hundreds of dollars in sales.

He was disappointed to come to that understanding, but I pointed out other options.  Hopefully he will be able to salvage the logs for his own use.  He had 6 poplars blow down and I mentioned that he could build an outbuilding or something with the sawn lumber by spending just a few hunderd bucks on sawing services.  I'll never know unless he writes an article about it in the paper. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!