iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big Tires

Started by Magicman, April 19, 2011, 10:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It was late and overcast, but I just had to snap a couple of shots of these monsters.  I assume that they are for some kinda earth moving or mining equipment.  Four to the truck and two trucks.

Wide load.

Four to the truck.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

5quarter

MM,

I ordered a set of those for my Truck...they must be on the way. ;D ;D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

thecfarm

Sure does make that truck look small.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tyb525

MM, I may have saw that exact truck headed south a few days ago.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Bill Gaiche

MM, maybe they are replacement tires for that new wheelborrow? bg

bill m

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on April 20, 2011, 08:57:09 AM
MM, maybe they are replacement tires for that new wheelborrow? bg
Nope, turf saver tires for my lawn mower.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

red oaks lumber

with them tires i wonder if they have road side assistance case ya get a flat?
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Magicman

I would love to know what they went on.  I've seen some big haulers in East Central Wyoming at those coal mines, but these were going the wrong way.  There are no mines in the direction that they were traveling.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

i would imagine that your first guess was right. big dumptruck. a company named wiseda was located in baxter springs ks just a few miles from me built those kind of trucks. 10' tall tires wouldnt have been out of the ordinary for them.  those trucks only had 6 tires though and you saw 8? maybe just replacing worn out ones instead of a new truck?  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Ianab

Probably go on something like this?

Just glad I don't have to change them  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Magicman

I don't know which way they traveled.  Either South on Hwy 61 to Baton Rouge, La., or most likely across the Mississippi River and toward Interstate 10 and Houston, Tx.  They may have been headed to a ship and then to  ???

Bobus2003

Their have been at least 3-4 trucks a week Headin West on I-90 with tires en-route to the Coal mines of Wyoming here lately

tyb525

I just saw another truck headed south on I-69 this morning, so they must be coming from somewhere north of here.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

CX3

Ian I can guarantee you i would rather change them than pay for them ;D
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Larry

I bet there going to my friends house.  He keeps a couple in his front yard to ride over with his trials bike. :D :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

tyb525

Wish I could see that, I love trials!

Thank You Sponsors!