iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tigercat equipment

Started by starmac, January 07, 2018, 11:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riwaka

Tigercat history
A few of the key early Tigercat staff had a Koehring Waterous  and Clark/ Valmet etc prior work history.
13 minute video at the 20 year gathering.

https://youtu.be/DmXmcMlFESA  (Cat 20 year  talk)

https://www.tigercat.com/between-the-branches/oral-history-tigercat/   (early company history 726 etc)

1st Tigercat tracked cutter the TC 853E sold through JD dealers with JD engine.
https://www.tigercat.com/between-the-branches/newcomer-on-the-block/

Banjo picker

There used to be 3 new car dealerships in town....they are all gone, but we got a Tigercat dealer!  They do well here.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Hans1

Quote from: starmac on January 10, 2018, 12:20:35 AM
Mike, google icy bay Alaska, if all goes well and this deal goes through, that is where we are headed. Holding my fingers crossed for the next few weeks.
If it works out that you  are headed to Icy Bay you are in for a treat I lived/ worked there for the Spring/fall for 9 years.  We were there before they started logging the south side.

starmac

Yes, if all the stars line up, I will be headed there, one last adventure, and I tend to think it will be a good one.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Ken

Quote from: Dom on January 11, 2018, 12:29:42 PM

Tigercat was the machine of choice in the area for many loggers. 

Still a good many loggers in the Maritimes with Tigercat harvesters.   I think there are some machines with north of 60 000 hours on them.   One of the only downsides to them from what I've heard is fuel consumption.  That is certainly becoming an issue as diesel at the pumps is now around $1.30/litre ($4.90 US gallon). 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

starmac

All fuel will have to be brought in by barge here, so it will be an expensive issue, no doubt. I doubt there is a whole lot of difference in fuel consumption between any of the new equipment of comparable sizes..
Looking on tigercats website, they must have there financing sorted out, as they advertise 0% in the US.

Skeans1

Quote from: Ken on January 11, 2018, 07:02:47 PM

Still a good many loggers in the Maritimes with Tigercat harvesters.   I think there are some machines with north of 60 000 hours on them.   One of the only downsides to them from what I've heard is fuel consumption.  That is certainly becoming an issue as diesel at the pumps is now around $1.30/litre ($4.90 US gallon).
It's always amazed me how a wheel harvester will burn less fuel then a track machine with the same engine as well as the same weight.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Ken on January 11, 2018, 07:02:47 PM

Wow. We thought the world was going to end when it was 5.15 ? Here for a while yrs ago ? The sad part is people don't realize how much it gets stepped on every time it changes hands, diesel is 2.1749 at the rack tonight in Albany + excise tax, about 3.19-3.21 here for on road right now.

Riwaka

Probably have to use a blend (diesel from oil from deep in the ground and bio-diesel) - but the Finns and Swedes? make diesel from wood residues.
Expect the Finnish Forestry equipment could be developed to run on wood sourced diesel? Certainly from an eco hype point of view - it might be cool to say 'we cut down our own trees with diesel made from our own trees etc)
https://youtu.be/BzhnKukH_ns

There is another generation of diesel engines coming in 2019 for Isuzu, Cummins and a few others?

mike_belben

Green is a big scam that will never, ever help the normal guy. 

There are endless govt incentives and rebates for alternative fuel research and implementation.. I mean huge money grant programs.  But anyone can swim in the grease dumpster and make their own diesel.  DOT gets one whiff of french fry tailpipe and theyre gonna murder you for failing to pay road fuels tax. 

I have called many govt departments many times in both boston and nashville, wasted a lot of hours on hold or leaving voicemails that go unreturned about how can i pay the state road tax on WVO fuel i produce. 

YOU CANT. 

They have well funded administrators for grant programs to encourage you to produce something, and a razor sharp enforcement weapon for when you do. 

That grant money must be lining some friendly pockets over in "flex fuel" land.  What a crock.  Getting off "foreign oil" will never be more than a campaign slogan.
Praise The Lord

snowstorm

There were a couple closed paper mills in maine that were going to restart and make diesel from wood. They pretty much took all the free money they could get and ran

starmac

Can anyone show anywhere diesel is actually made with wood in the US. I read about a big one built in Georgia by grant money (millions) when it went bankrupt without ever making one drop of fuel, some of the same people bought it for basically nothing and applied for more government money to try and continue the scam under a different name.

It seems like it is basically the same story with most anything described as green energy.

Riwaka

"Green is a big scam that will never, ever help the normal guy.  "

It is about time the collective brain power was put together to figure out how to help the normal guy and hopefully his next generation of kids etc.
As I pointed out it is more likely to happen in Europe first.
The US does have the trash to electricity like the Swedes.

Thank You Sponsors!