iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where can I get blades in Canada

Started by Night Raider, January 16, 2009, 01:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Raider

I'm trying to find a good source for blades like Menominee Saw or Cooks in Canada, I can't seem to find blades (144"X1 1/4") for under about $30 each.  At $146 for a box 10 from menominee it wouldn't be worth the 16.50 I'm paying for a sharpen and set, but shipping across the border makes things a little cost prohibitive.

thanks

Tom Sawyer

Woodmizer Canada will get you any size blades.  The blades for my WM mill cost around $26 each.  I can't remember the length off hand, but they are 1 1/4 .045. 

I see you are in KW.  I am not that far from you.  I would be willing to sharpen and set your blades for a more reasonable price.  Send me a PM if you are interested.

Tom

nas

western woodlot sells lenox blades http://www.westernwoodlot.com/index.htm for a decent price.  I don't know who sharpens your blades but I know there are lots of Mennonite band sawyers in your area and I would think one of them could tell you who sharpens their bands and it would not cost too much.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

JWM

Night Raider,
Call Wood Mizer Canada - B27514410S (1.25" X .042" X 144" 10Degree) - $338.00 Canadian + Taxes & S/H. That is a box of 15 Blades.
TF # 877.357.3373 ask for Jeff.

Thank You Sponsors!