iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gearmatic brake plunger

Started by madmari, May 18, 2016, 06:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmari

My problematic 9 sat idle for two days and decided to get retribution for me leaving without a goodnight kiss.

The brake plunger rod that goes between the brake cylinder and the spring broke at the spring end. It is a steel rod with an aluminum yoke that goes around the brake release pin. Anyone have an easy fix for this? Or where to get a new one? I suppose I could make one, but was hoping for an easy fix.
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

Spartan

http://forestryparts.com/gearmaticwinchparts.aspx

These guys have winch parts.
Don't know how to call them though.
Cant find a phone number
frustrating,  I need a pinion seal and I think they have one but can't contact to see if it's the right one.

Plankton

Part no b19019 lever block or a9515 pushrod? Pushrod could be fabbed up easily enough. My old lever block snapped in half where it goes over the pin I zip tied it together/onto the pin and that held fine until I got a new one in there.

I got the lever block and pushrod from forestryparts.com

The whole for the pin in the new peice was larger then the hole in the anchor pin so I had to drill out the anchor pin to fit.

madmari

Yes, it is the lever block that broke and it broke where the primary brake lever passes through, at the pin. What did you ziptie it to? I have the pushrod and half of the lever block in one piece that sits on the brake lever, but it won't stay put.
I tried JB weld epoxy to get me by, but that let go as expected.

Plankton

Mine broke cleanly in half making the hole two semi circles, I just wrapped zip ties around the break and pin going under and over the pin alternating. I used probably 10 or more zip ties it kept good for a few weeks no trouble.

I don't know if that makes any sense hard to describe but I'd you were looking straight on it looked like an x. I have a photo on my computer but that crashed a while ago.

madmari

That's how mine broke, too. I know what you're saying about the zip ties; I see what you did.
Thanks for the help. I am ordering a new one today.

Thank You Sponsors!