iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

harvester heads options and inpute needed

Started by mark686, February 19, 2017, 02:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark686

I am upgrading my harvester and looking at differant options for the harvester head. I want to stay with a dangle head. I am currently running a logmax with a topsaw. I cut mostly hard wood. what do you guys run and how does it work? looking at a machine with a keto 600TS on it, woundering how the keto works in hard woods.

1270d

mark686

looking at timberpro machines not sure yet about tracks or tires for down here.

snowstorm

I have a 500 keto.they stand up well. You will use more bar oil cause it lubes the tracks. They don't spin much if at all..length is rite on. Quad always has the parts.they may have to come from Montreal so it might take a couple days. They do have a warehouse in SC and Washington. What computer dose it have? Is it new or used?

snowstorm

1270d

Are you dissatisfied with the logmax?   The 7000 is supposed to be a great hardwood head.

mark686

down here is lower MI, not sure on the computer system yet. thinking combo unit but not sure yet. the log max is a great head but most machines are coming with a head. also looking at possibly going back to a fixed head. :D I cant make my mind up ???

wannaergo

If you want to stay on tracks, I would say stick with a bigger dangle. I will never run another fixed head myself. We had a keto, and it worked good in the hardwood. Like snowstorm said, lengths are usually spot on. If you don't go that route, I would look into southstar heads.

All that being said, you can't beat a good rubber tire machine :)
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

Thank You Sponsors!