iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bought an Acorn

Started by mmartone, November 30, 2014, 10:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

Bought a Chargriller Acorn and cooked on it for the first time tonight. Its going to take some learning!! Cooked these 2 beercan chickens, indirect heat and some sweet potatoes and brocolli in foil. Yum

Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

coxy

chicken looks real good   don't know about the stuff in the foil :D

RM Farm

Beer can chicken is one of my favorites, the veggies look good too! :)
Thanks, Robert

Woodland Mills HM126; Kubota L3200 with FEL, quick attach forks.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

DanG Boy......you know how to put on a feed. That bird looks very moist! Emmmmmm!!!!!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mmartone

Well I have cooked a few more times and this rig and so far so good. My wife and son like the smoke flavor and my daughter asked how to have a little less. Any of you guys have any advice on less smoke flavor on a kamado/egg style grille? Last I cooked I left the top vent wide open and controlled the temp with the bottom vent so the smoke could get out quick. I am cooking over wood, imagine that, its all well dried hickory, oak and pecan.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

limbwood

might try a little less hickory, it tend to be a little stronger than some. Looks good.

mmartone

I have used oak alone and some oak and pecan mixed, still smokey..

Thank You Sponsors!