iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Removing a chainsaw stuck in a tree-the wrong way!

Started by fritz423, August 26, 2016, 06:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treeslayer2003

sprucebunny

Ya, I couldn't even watch the whole video. Just skipped thru it. Too stupid.

I deal almost exclusively with smaller trees. Make a cut push em over. If they don't fall down, I make vertical firewood. Shrug.

Now, I wouldn't be so casual when they get over 5-7" but I chose my victims and method.

He seems like a wimpy troll of some kind. Am I allowed to say that ???

Signed
Girl with a chainsaw  :D ( well...more than one  ;D )
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

62oliver

Haha, owell, land of the free, home of the brave!!! carry on bud!!!
Husqvarna 266, Case 90xt, JD310C, TJ240E, 02 Duramax

John Mc

May have been a troll, may have been a guy knowing he did something wrong, but not knowing how to do it right, and the comments were put in after the fact to head off possible attacks?  From the post, it seems as though he was claiming that was a video of the poster doing the cutting. If so, do yourself a favor, and take a chainsaw class or get some pointers from someone who knows what they are doing.

CCC4 - the technique you describe is probably how I would have handled it, to it's hard to say for sure without a good walk-around of the tree.  Incidentally, that was one of the techniques they showed in a GOL level 4 class where we spent the day intentionally hanging up trees and then figuring out how to get them down.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

loggerman1959

Old boy was working way too hard to look stupid , and it worked !!!! I call B.S. I doubt there is anyone on this forum that don't know how to get a saw unstuck , don't insult us Mr.......

killamplanes

This is why the medical field is such a good one to be in.  My 6yr old would get that tree sprout on the ground faster. I call B.S.x2
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

John Mc

Unfortunately, I've run into people who are exactly as "knowledgeable" at tree felling.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

snowstorm

Quote from: coxy on August 27, 2016, 03:09:31 PM
can we delete this thread like someone else deletes there things where it can never be found  :) :)
i know what you mean   and your right

pinefeller

Dude dont post videos of stuff like this. we all have, and do dumb things. keep it to yourself and learn from it. so sell the EDITED BY ADMIN camera and buy some ppe with the money. next time unbolt the saw from the bar, put a rope in the tree and pull it over.
i really hope this was a staged joke.
for those who say "it cannot be done!" please do so quietly so as not to disturb those who are doing it.

Czech_Made

I he using the saw as a hand saw?  I mean the constant movement back and forth, maybe somebody should tell him the saw has an engine attached to it  ;D ;D

petefrom bearswamp

No hard hat, no chaps, dull saws, no brains, why does he even start the saws? He is sawing with the motion.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

snowstorm

Ron Scott

~Ron

lshobie

It's the old "pinch the saw cut a double notch chainsaw sawing maneuver with a strap semi finish and hail mary ending".  Nope never seen that one before.
John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

ppine

I see dangerous felling videos fairlly often. They usually have titles like "How to fell a tree."
Some involve ladders and come alongs.

Fritz,
For God's Sake, get some help. Start with a hard hat, and ear plugs and learn to look up and read the lean.  Carry wedges and an axe. I have never seen anyone fell a small tree 5 times.  This is a dangerous game you are playing.  We are all embarassed for you, but want you to get some help.
Forester

Jeff

This guy was a total waste of our time. He was what I said I am sure. He registered, posted his crap, and never came back once after he did it. A total troll that I wish I could have 5 minutes with in real life.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ox

What truly amazes me is what Fritz has (or doesn't have) going on in his life to think that this would be entertainment.  This, ladies and gentlemen, is the action of a true loser.  To such a high degree that it's too incredible to effectively put nice words to it.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

rjwoelk

The title of this should have been,  how to do everything wrong and look like a moron doing it.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

John Mc

You guys are probably right, and this was a Troll.

However, I do feel bad for him if this was a person who was just making his first post, and intending to be around and swap stories and get suggestions and we're all just hammering on him (and scaring him away). Here's hoping he's not getting the feeling you get when you stumble on to some of those "other" chainsaw/forestry/arborist sites and say or do something that doesn't fly. If you truly are that type of person, my apologies. If you are a Troll - well I guess you can call me gullible - I fell for it just enough to wonder...

If you are some other person new to this site and to using a chainsaw seeing this and thinking "wow! these guys are harsh!" just know that this is not how we treat people who come to this site who are honestly trying to have a good discussion. The moderators & Admins here do a great job of keeping things civil. The Forestry Forum does not tolerate personal attacks, but neither do we suffer Trolls just out to stir things up. From the response to this thread so far, I guess you can see what the conclusion is about the original poster here.

Jeff

We knew he was a troll by looking at his other videos right at the beginning. Other subjects with the same story line. Doing something foolishly dangerous and recording it, then posting it on youtube.  That is why he was treated this way here. You know *DanG well I would not stand for a legitimate person being treated wrongly here, but when you have someone like this come in, hell, I'll do what ever it takes to defame him for trying to use our Forestry Forum for jackass purposes when we go to great lengths to be a source of "better than good" information,
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

John Mc

Not criticizing your administration of the forum, Jeff. I suppose if I had looked at his other videos, I'd have come to the same conclusion.

gimpy

I am not a faller but I know enough to know he was extremely lucky.

Sorry but I wanted to call The Guinness Book of records. How he got that old should be a record.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

killamplanes

jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

SineWave

BurkettvilleBob

What's the story with DanG? Is it not kosher to say *DanG?

Thank You Sponsors!